Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were down in January for a week and absolutely loved BA! Their location was great and walking into town was easy, relaxing and safe. Their rooms were clean and sparse which was a delightful change from traditional hotels and we didn't have any problem with "street noise". The restaurant food was decent and included American options and their pina coladas were to die for!!! The staff was helpful and always cheerful too.

When we go back to Cozumel (365 days and counting!) we will most definitely be staying with BA again! :D

Well then forget the Barracuda. While it does have a great location - in town and waterfront - it has a spring break partee! atmosphere around the bar/pool/water that includes music from noon till night. Much of that comes from the bar/pool being open to the public. I loved the location but once was enough - that scene is not me anymore.

That's the best part of the Barracuda!

PH

Haha PHunter, I was waiting for that... obviously that scene will appeal to some. Especially if you like the combo of loud music, woo-hoo drunken partying with kids shrieking and peeing in the pool. Or was it the drunks shrieking and peeing in the pool?

Just my FYI to El Pistoffo, as his request was...
"Actually Oceanfront is a must. Being in a crowded place is not appealing. I'm vacation to relax, no noise or partying."

Note: Talking about the Barracuda, NOT Blue Angel

Haha PHunter, I was waiting for that... obviously that scene will appeal to some. Especially if you like the combo of loud music, woo-hoo drunken partying with kids shrieking and peeing in the pool. Or was it the drunks shrieking and peeing in the pool?

Just my FYI to El Pistoffo, as his request was...
"Actually Oceanfront is a must. Being in a crowded place is not appealing. I'm vacation to relax, no noise or partying."

I agree that the Cuda is not for everyone and probably not what Pistoffo is after.

But I've stayed there five times and have yet to see someone peeing in the pool. Your description makes it sound like spring break in Florida and that's not the case. It's a fun scene full of people from all over the world. Most of them are relaxing, catching up with friends and using laptops to communicate with home. Sure there's music, but nothing wrong with that at a beach bar.

To each their own.

PH

But I've stayed there five times and have yet to see someone peeing in the pool.
Can you usually tell when people are peeing in the pool? I assume almost any pool with kids has people peeing in the pool, the same with any pool that has people drinking while in it. No one ever seems to LEAVE the pools when they have their drinks.

Can you usually tell when people are peeing in the pool? I assume almost any pool with kids has people peeing in the pool, the same with any pool that has people drinking while in it. No one ever seems to LEAVE the pools when they have their drinks.

SHHHH!!!!! What happens in the pool...stays in the pool... until it gets bleached out :cool2:

I was in a smallish pool, hotel of about 10 rooms in Palm Springs years ago. After about 2 hours of 8 adults drinking in the pool, someone brought up the lil fact that no one had exited the pool. After an akward silence everyone bust out laughing.

If Texans pee in the pool like they pee off the dock, then yes you could probably tell.

Back
Top Bottom