Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually Oceanfront is a must. Being in a crowded place is not appealing. I'm vacation to relax, no noise or partying. Cab rides or an occasional walk into town no big deal. BA still sounding good to me.

Another dive resort I hear a lot about is Scuba Club Cozumel. Not sure how they compare, especially price-wise.

FWIW, I just booked with BA for a stay in August. It will be my first solo dive trip. One of the main reasons I chose to stay with them was their reservation agent, Sr Garza. He was extremely helpful planning my stay and answered all of my questions within 24 hrs. Several other dive ops gave me their "stock" email reply to my initial inquiry and never responded to my follow-up questions. These include 2 ops with a large SB presence. I booked 9 nights with BA with 2-tank dives in the morning & afternoon as well as the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy class (as my refresher since it's been a while since my last dive) and the PADI Enriched Air course. The total cost was surprisingly affordable and Sr Garza worked out a great schedule for my stay. From a booking standpoint, BA is head and shoulders above the rest based on my experience.

We have a group (22) going to Blue Angel May 31st - June 7th this year. While I have been to Cozumel numerous times, I have never stayed at BA but based on all the reviews here and on TripAdvisor, we are really looking forward to it. They have been excellent about answering e-mails and since our group will have its own boats assigned to us, they said we would have some flexibility about what times to leave in the mornings. I did stop in at Blue Angel last spring when the cruise ship stopped and I had let them know I would be coming by to check them out. They gave me a tour of the rooms, the dive shop, and insisted I have lunch on them. They were a really friendly group and so when I returned home I booked our group with them. The price was excellent. Wish I was there now.

107 days 22 hours 3 minutes. (Not that I'm counting.)

No...we NEVER countdown......... 13 days, 15hrs, 25 mins :cheers:

Huit is the BEST!!!!

My daughter left a stuffed bear that goes on all her adventures at the hotel. I emailed and asked if they had it, and could give it to my in laws who were coming to Cozumel on a cruise. He sent this….. image002.jpg
as proof of life with a demand of chocolate for his release. The gave him to the family members, and also Andrea (who works at the front desk) set up a taxi for them to tour the island, and Sergio up in the restaurant hooked them up with refreshments and a big hug!!! Blue Angel may not be fancy, but man does it feel like family (to us!)

When will you be in Coz, QT? We'll be at The Blue Angel from June 25 - July 4 and you'll welcome to join us for shore dives when we go. Our regualr dive buddies from CT will be there, as will another couple we know. Plenty of friends to go around!

---------- Post added April 15th, 2014 at 04:29 PM ----------

Oh, I should have stated we always stay at The BA and love it there. We always ask for our same room on the third floor and don't mind climbing the step. Our dive buddies stay in one of the remodeled rooms on the first floor. Road noise....some but if you close the door to the bathroom, it really minimizes it. We love the restaurant, the dive shop, and all the friendly staff at the BA.

So nice of you to offer! I'm likely thinking about the weekend of June 12, but I'll take a raincheck if we ever cross paths again.

Do you always book with them directly? When I got a quote from them online for dive/hotel it was actually more than if I booked the air/hotel online (Orbitz), and then added the dives. Both included breakfast. I like booking with the hotel directly, but am not sure this time considering the price difference.

Actually Oceanfront is a must. Being in a crowded place is not appealing. I'm vacation to relax, no noise or partying. Cab rides or an occasional walk into town no big deal. BA still sounding good to me.

Well then forget the Barracuda. While it does have a great location - in town and waterfront - it has a spring break partee! atmosphere around the bar/pool/water that includes music from noon till night. Much of that comes from the bar/pool being open to the public. I loved the location but once was enough - that scene is not me anymore.

PS: love your screen name... haha

So nice of you to offer! I'm likely thinking about the weekend of June 12, but I'll take a raincheck if we ever cross paths again.

Do you always book with them directly? When I got a quote from them online for dive/hotel it was actually more than if I booked the air/hotel online (Orbitz), and then added the dives. Both included breakfast. I like booking with the hotel directly, but am not sure this time considering the price difference.

I'll take the rain check and hope our paths do cross sometime. It's always so much fun to put a face to an SBer! We always book directly with the Blue Angel. Huit (pronounced Whitt) is wonderful about getting back to me pronto. He's really a great guy and will do his best to accommodate requests. We've found that being a return guest gets us a better deal. You might ask if he can match the Orbitz price????

Enjoy your stay at the BA. You'll become hooked and then end up as "part of the family!"

---------- Post added April 16th, 2014 at 05:16 PM ----------

Another dive resort I hear a lot about is Scuba Club Cozumel. Not sure how they compare, especially price-wise.

We walk into town almost every day from the BA. It takes 20 - 30 minutes at the most. On our way back from town, it's convenient to stop at Mega or Chedraui (big grocery stores...kind of like WalMart) to purchase any goodies or drinks we might want to store in the small friggy in the room. Although we enjoy the food at the BA, we really like eating dinner at different restaurants in town!

Back
Top Bottom