Bonaire once-in-a-lifetime vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob118

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where is the absolutely most luxurious hotel/resort (not a condo/airbnb) to stay in Bonaire? (with diving!)

The Delfins resort looks nice.

We’ve never stayed at the Plaza, it I think it’s what you’re describing. We did stay at Delfina once; very Scandinavian contemporary, full dive shop onsite, nice beach and food, terrific pool, but further from town and not the Plaza

I’ve been to Bonaire four times. The only place I’ll stay is Harbour Village Beach Club. Very nice ocean facing rooms, great sandy beach, on-site dive operation and boat and the location is walkable to town to enjoy dinner at the various restaurants. There is an on-site restaurant that is great and a spa. In my opinion, it’s the nicest dive resort on the island.

Harbour village is still #1

There are many things to take into consideration. For me, one of the most important is the house reef, a place you would probably want to do both day and night dives. A good gear storage area and ease of obtaining tanks is also important. If you want to do any boat dives, their departure location may be important. We cook most of our own food, so a complete kitchen is a must. We go out to dinner rarely. If you want AI, your choices are very limited, Bonaire is generally not like that. Groceries and restaurants in Bonaire are comparatively expensive.

Honestly, I love Bonaire, but everything I love about it is kinda the opposite of over the top luxury vacations.

For me the ultimate luxury dive vacation would be a crewed private charter in the Indo-Pacific region. A sailing/power cat in the 20-25 meter range.

Delfins is a nice resort, in a good location with an average house reef. I liked our unit and decor, but per my usual gripe, I could not stand the wooden louvered windows! While they blocked out light, they did nothing to insulate from noise. Sure, I can begrudgingly tolerate the birds chirping at the crack of the dawn, but to hear the gravel crunch and conversations happening every time somebody walked by was annoying. I would stay there again, provided the bedroom window had an actual pane of glass.
I have not stayed at Harbor Village, but the location and outside look nice. When we were on the island last year, we talked to some people who raved about The Bamboo Bonaire Resort.
I know you specified that you were not keen on a vacation rental, but I have to say, the best place we stayed was at Playa Lechi unit 7. Not luxurious, but the ocean views, comfortable beds and dive locker in parking space was the icing on the cake! Rental unit in Kralendijk · 2 bedrooms · 2 beds · 2 baths

Back
Top Bottom