Bonaire once-in-a-lifetime vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Google says about a 1/2hr walk from harbour village. 1 hr from bellefonte, 11/2hr from delfins
The other plus for harbour village is you have sidewalks pretty much the whole way, and Between 2 Buns is right around the corner.

Does Delfins have a good onsite dive shop and house reef? Our 10 & 11 yos are going to get certified and everyone always seems to rec Buddy's for kids but Delfins looks so much nicer.
There is a Dive Friends located at Delfins
I have not dived Delfin's house reef, have not seen glowing reports. @morecowbells has reviewed it. Boats leave from Port Bonaire.

Buddy's house reef is very easy and pretty nice. Boats leave from there also.

Anyone else remember the skinny Suzuki vans?

Room for 4 divers and gear if they are close friends! Invisibles tends to be busier most days now, too.
d003605_edit_1712783663400.jpg

yes, i saw them all on the map. by ‘walkability,’ i meant sidewalks and other hazards along the way. some places you have to alk in the street (eg belize)

yes, i saw them all on the map. by ‘walkability,’ i meant sidewalks and other hazards along the way. some places you have to alk in the street (eg belize)
From the southern hotels you will be walking along the un-improved shoulder a good bit of the way. You can preview the route on Google maps using the street view. This is out by the airport.
Screenshot_20240411-092615.png

Wife and I just returned from a multi-week "nostalgic" experience. We had friends who stayed at the new Chogogo resort. Having visited there for drinks and dinner and after seeing their rooms, we decided that this would be our "go to" place for any trip 2 weeks or under. Dive Friends at Sand Dollar right next door is the clincher. No need to even consider the Chogogo on-site shop which was geared toward a less-serious crowd.
Time to smile at our dive and beach resort - Chogogo Bonaire
I'm sorry to see divers supporting Chogogo. They are not good stewards of he environment, refuse to work with the Bonarian government, and exhibit the worst aspects of colonialism. They have been fined about destroying the reef in front of them, and refuse to pay. Not good people, not a worthwhile operation to support. Lots of other places on Bonaire to spend your money.

I'm sorry to see divers supporting Chogogo. They are not good stewards of he environment, refuse to work with the Bonarian government, and exhibit the worst aspects of colonialism. They have ben fined about destroying the reef in front of them, and refuse to pay. Not good people, not a worthwhile operation to support. Lots of other places on Bonaire to spend your money.
Decimated rubble field out in front of that place.😢😡

As mentioned above, there are sidewalks much of the way into town from harbour village. Where there is no sidewalk, the area next to the road is easily walked with no fear of being too close to the road. I’ve walked fro Den Laman to B2B on a number of occasions and it’s a fun walk.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom