Bonjour everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobrane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I'm probably the freshest fish on those boards! That'd be a Napoleon fish for sure, since I'm french and short :p
Been browsing some threads to get back into the diving scene and check out the condition of my general knowledge... As one could expect, I'm rusty!
Anyway, I'm also trying to see if anyone around here has got any experience diving of West Africa, Lagos - Nigeria to be more precise. I'm an expat there and bored on the week ends, water doesn't seem very welcoming however...

Bonjour Tobrane, I spent quite a bit of time in Lagos back in the late 80's. From what I recall the beaches were great however shore diving was dificult due to the surf and extremely strong currents :shakehead:

Shore diving is indeed pretty much impossible if you want to dive the ocean... Currents are already very dangerous and difficult to resist without all the scuba gear on, I wouldn't dare imagine how it is with it!
However, taking a boat to go a few miles out, clear from all the rubbish and the strong currents shouldn't be a problem, at least surface swimming / waterskiing isn't much of a risk.

Back
Top Bottom