Boot in or boot out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
Darlin', you're doing it wrong. Put on your wet suit, then put on your boots, then tuck your boots under the wet suit. I did try putting my boots over my wet suit - once. Once was enough for me to never go back to it.

OMG.

First, Walter dear, it's pretty hard to pull off calling some woman you don't know "darlin'" and not sounding like a patronizing, paternalistic sexist. But hey, sweetie, you're welcome to keep trying.

Second, um....I see you didn't get what I was saying. The point was, I DON'T do it that way, as it would be pretty darn impossible to do so (at least with a 7-mil). I put my pants on one leg at a time, and I wear my booties under my wetsuit. (And yes, I put my wetsuit on first.)

Walter:
Because they are a useless product.
My husband (who IS able to get away with calling me "darlin'" :wink:) has had several skin cancer spots removed. He never goes in the ocean without one (in the daylight, anyway).

Blanket pronouncements such as that are never a good idea. It can feel kinda foolish when you are proved wrong. They may be useless products for you...but that doesn't mean they are for everyone.

I actually dove Jamica with a 1mm dive skin. I use to dive with a 1/2mm that had the foot stirrups. I find diving with such a thin layer very comfortable. Also, it keep things like small jellyfish off your body. My wife and I went snorkeling in Fiji and she was swarmed by a bunch of jellyfish.. I almost thought I had lost her to diving. Then before we went to Jamaica she got certified. She would not go into the water in Jamaica without her own dive skin.

I also find dive skins dry extememely fast. Putting a wet 7mm wetsuit on over a dive skin is a piece of cake - and the arm and leg hair does not act as friction when suiting up.

Some people swear by dive skins, others abhor them. If you want one, get one, if you don't, stay quiet. :wink:

Walter:
LOL! You ARE funny.

How am I funny?
You mean like a clown? I amuse you?

Yes, you amuse me. That is a good thing. We all need to laugh from time to time, thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning.

I had been avoiding this thread but after 6 pages and 54 post I had to see what was the big deal. Sorry I was sucked in, beam me up Scotty I've seen enough.

Back
Top Bottom