Boycott Boca Dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hell, even if were legal, how sporting is it to shoot a fish that lies on the bottom of the reef under ledges snoozing most of the time? It's like shooting a napping cocker spaniel puppy. I am disgusted.

Its not - and based on the picture of the nurse shark, and the "theme" of the page, it looks shot - or gaffed to me

"Let's go shoot something". Nice! :shakehead:

You know, the stupidity of that heading kinda got to me too :shakehead:

Has this been posted on Spearboard?
Those guys need to know what this jerk is doing to their reputation.

Looks like they think he's a dweeb too

That should be the end of anyone so incredibly stupid. Doing it by accident would be bad enough; also very stupid. Posting it for the world to see....this person does not deserve a C-card much less a business.

Since few really know us personally, we are judged by by what we post, how we post, and what we put out for the world to see - on so many levels, this guy is a dope - everything about the page in question turned me off - from the wording to the pictures.

Yeah, and gaffing a nurse shark is equally uncool, I just prefer to know the facts before attacking someone's livelihood. That said, and as I've already stated, it's a moronic picture to post.

Agree that in todays economy you gotta be careful - but why anyone would post a picture of a nurse shark in a spearfishing context - with a wound, no less - you just have to draw the conclusion at best the guys an idiot

Glad you posted this. What a jerk.

:D

Tree-huggin whiney douchebags?

:confused: Who? Folks who think the page was poorly written, featuring a speared nurse shark which never should have been brought aboard in the first place. Or featured by some jerk on his web site.

If your post was directed at the posters who have taken issue let me point out no one anywhere in this thread has condemed spearfishing, and some of the posters engage in this activity - if it was a "shot" at least read the thread before you jump to wrong conclusions :no:

OTOH, if you come to S FL, I know a great operation for you to dive with - I have a feeling you would fit right in :rofl3:

"Tree-huggin whiney douchebags" is a referece to the posters on ScubaBoard from a post on Spearboard.

Photo has been removed from his site. Hmm.. anybody get a screen shot?

that's what I was thinking. I got a red X too.. and it was the first time I went to the site from this computer....
The code to the pic is this: http://bocadive.com/img/Shark.jpg
to which I get this message..
PAGE NOT FOUND
The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

I hope somebody got a screen shot...

I can't until after five, who wants to call this clown and get his story?

I might call him during lunch asking about doing a trip out this weekend or next weekend and ask if we are allowed to spear sharks. (I would never hurt a shark i love them xD i wish i could swim with great whites)

Take a screen shot now, while you can.

Done!

Not just of the picture, but of the whole page. As you guys said, some of the evidence is the page it is on....Be sure to collect a screen shot of the whole page. Might take a couple screen shots :wink:

I got the screen shot of the page and the IP address and who was last logged on... xD to HTML.. I also traced his email.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom