Boycott Boca Dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's likely it was speared too, but there is always a slight chance it was caught (not speared) and released, I've caught plenty of damaged fish in my day. Yeah, he probably shot it and no matter how you slice it it's a really stupid picture to post, but I'm not going to jump on the guy for spearing the fish until I know he did, in which case the gloves will come off big time. Who wants to contact this putz and get the story?

I will contact Him!!!!!!! oh and i agree i have saved a fish when doing the beach clean up he was tangled in fishing line and i caught him and set him free :D

There is a posibility it was gaffed but he is still a baffoon and looks like an escaped convict...

Yeah, and gaffing a nurse shark is equally uncool, I just prefer to know the facts before attacking someone's livelihood. That said, and as I've already stated, it's a moronic picture to post.

I will contact Him!!!!!!! oh and i agree i have saved a fish when doing the beach clean up he was tangled in fishing line and i caught him and set him free :D

Yeah, it's unlikely but I still want to know the story. Believe me, I'll be one of his worst enemies if I find out he speared that nurse shark.

You are correct... there is a chance that it was not speared.. But, I for one see all the clues in the photo that proclaims it was probably speared.. Hole in the shark... Dive computer on his wrist says he was diving and not fishing.. And claiming it to be Capt. Ken's catch... and even then placing on a page that is advertising spearfishing... he has left no doubt in my mind what he was doing..

I think it's likely it was speared too, but there is always a slight chance it was caught (not speared) and released, I've caught plenty of damaged fish in my day. Yeah, he probably shot it and no matter how you slice it it's a really stupid picture to post, but I'm not going to jump on the guy for spearing the fish until I know he did, in which case the gloves will come off big time. Who wants to contact this putz and get the story?

I'm also not convinced he speared the shark, but even the laguage on the website is rridiculous. It implies that his attitude for customers is to spear whatever you want, even if you don't want the fish, give it to me and we will make sure it is used. Not good.

I'm also not convinced he speared the shark, but even the laguage on the website is rridiculous. It implies that his attitude for customers is to spear whatever you want, even if you don't want the fish, give it to me and we will make sure it is used. Not good.

Yeah, I found that a bit odd too.

How many times can you count his name in the following biography from his website? Holy crap dude, we get it, you're Captain Ken....

Captain Ken Navaroli

Captain Ken Navaroli is a PADI certified Master SCUBA Diver Trainer (MSDT) with six Specialty Instructor certifications, with over 3900 logged dives, he also instructs the First Responder courses, Primary and Secondary Care for Adults, Children and Infants with AED. Captain Ken just recently earned his US Coast Guard 50 ton Master Captains License and runs small specialty Charters out of the shop. Captain Ken started his diving career in 1984 he became a Dive Master in 1990. In 2003 Captain Ken started traveling and after a trip to the South Pacific Decided to take his Instructor Development Course in Puerto Gallera, Philippines. Upon completion of his IDC and Instructors Examination Captain Ken worked as an Instructor at several Resorts and Live Aboards before returning to the US. Now excited to be a Dive Shop Owner Captain Ken has found a new vain for his enthusiasm for SCUBA Diving.
Not Excited About SCUBA? Stop by Boca Dive Boca and Talk with Captain Ken!

Wtf???

He had to be a PADI instructor....But we kinda knew that by just looking at the pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom