BP/W (Proper Donning and Doffing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only times I really have a problem with getting my harness on is when the boat is crowded or really rocking. Mostly the crowds will do me in. And mostly because the tank boots on most cattleboats don't accomodate the lower tank strap very well. It takes some contortions to get into, and usually will get me a comment or two.

When I'm shore diving, I try to gear up by my SUV so I can use the back hatch area or I use a picnic table. My wife isn't really strong enough to hold the rig up where I want it, so I only draft her if I want help getting it off. Usually I'm just fine if I've got a place to set it.

By far, the best/easiest way is to gear up in the water, but that's not usually a practical solution. I can do the flip thing fine, and that works great if I've got the room to work and stable footing, but it's not fun or easy in a neoprene drysuit.

Currently, I've got the straps pretty loose for drysuit use, and that really helps getting it on and off. But the trade-off is that it's much looser underwater. Don't like that part too much, but I haven't had enough dives on a DS to really dial it in yet.

kidspot:
For removal Joe Talavera told me to clip off my primary reg to the right D-Ring, then use the hose as a "handle" to gently pull the right side off - you could also grab your backup light if it's clipped off - even easier if you have a backup light on both sides. For the left side I just put my thumb into the D-ring, but Joe said you could do the same with the inflator hose - it's held to the D-ring by the piece of bungee.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just pull on the ring itself?

You are absalutely rite. Thank you. The cross does go through the back and comes ove quite snug in the front. It was not explained properly by the seller. Thank You. I knew there had to be something wrong with that set up.

Again Thanks.

Behind the neck that is the ticket here. Made a big mistake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom