Brass Crab Claw use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman once bubbled...
Tx guys. Always on the lookout for a better mousetrap. I'll keep lookin'...

I went down that road myself, so I know where you're coming from. I found it's hard to beat a good boltsnap. Double enders are pretty nifty also, and Dive Rite now has a swivelling double ender. Havent used one yet, but I like the idea...

If/when I ever get around to using one, I'll letcha know what I think of it.

:snorkel: I got some of those swiveling double ended snaps. They solved my stage rigging problem:). At least now I don't have to fight for 10 minutes until I secure my side mounts.

Mind you, I would prefer if they were a bit larger. :D

I heard a number of stories about suicide clips, etc. I cannot say I witnessed any.

Cheers

Lawrence

Lawrence Debono once bubbled...
:snorkel: I got some of those swiveling double ended snaps. They solved my stage rigging problem:). At least now I don't have to fight for 10 minutes until I secure my side mounts.

Mind you, I would prefer if they were a bit larger. :D

How large are they? Can you provide a pic against a ruler or something for comparison? I looked at them in the catalog, but they dont give dimensions. But if they are actual size as the photo they would be friggin huge!

Inquiring minds wanna know...

Bob3 wrote: Anybody cutting up MY dive gear would have an immediate religious experience!!
I hear ya, bob. I see someone coming towards my gear with a knife or snips, they'd better bring their lunch. :shiner:

:rofL:

... They are not for every application, but I like them. Not that bad to open, very secure. I usually take a file to them to make them a little smoother where the claws come together.

lucid once bubbled...
I had them until my DIRf instructor cut them off and threw them in the trash. =]

:doctor:
Any instructor that cut something off my gear would be sleeping w/ the fish. I've seen way to many "know it all" instructors in my 20 yrs of diving.
I have and use the crab claw clip they work great and they won't catch a line like other clips.

Dive safe
john

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom