Bright equipment colors worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was mainly wondering about the colors for safety purposes, not for style or to look pretty. But I guess if enough divers out there are wearing all black it can't be that bad :)

I was mainly wondering about the colors for safety purposes, not for style or to look pretty. But I guess if enough divers out there are wearing all black it can't be that bad :)

Other than being really boring! :rofl3:

If you going to be diving in WI cold water....the bright colors are great to not lose your buddy. The most important piece of bright gear would be your fins.

I never, ever lose my buddies in the poopy green water here. A lot easier to see the colors.

The being cute is an added bonus to bright colored gear. :)

Oh, I think you have a good point about being visible! That's why I love my orange doubles wing with the reflective strip on it. That's why I'd buy yellow fins, if they made them. That's why I don't mind my white tanks. There is nothing harder to see in murky water than a diver all in black, with dull grey tanks.

Actually black is quite visible under water in low vis conditions, around here its because its not green.

I dive because it's fun and not because I want to appear like a badass naval commando. I purposely shun black dive gears unless it's the only thing I can get. I have a black IST mask because it's the best one that fits my flat face...so far.

If I were a spearfisherman, well, that may be different. But I'm not, so I like to be bright and sunny. Besides, chicks dig it.

I dive because it's fun and not because I want to appear like a badass naval commando. I purposely shun black dive gears unless it's the only thing I can get. I have a black IST mask because it's the best one that fits my flat face...so far.

If I were a spearfisherman, well, that may be different. But I'm not, so I like to be bright and sunny. Besides, chicks dig it.

HT, I knew it would not be long before you found this thread!:D

BTW folks, HT is a good diver and dives alot around SoCal, but you can always see him!:wink:

HT, I knew it would not be long before you found this thread!:D

BTW folks, HT is a good diver and dives alot around SoCal, but you can always see him!:wink:

I'm the guy that attracts the shark attack so that others can get away.

BTW, Mr. I-Dive-Black, what color is your Dive Rite wing?:wink:

I'm the guy that attracts the shark attack so that others can get away.

BTW, Mr. I-Dive-Black, what color is your Dive Rite wing?:wink:

:rofl3: Hey! I'm not Mr. I-Dive-Black! My wing is red, my drysuit is blue/black, mask is blue and my octo is yellow!:rofl3:

If you had one choice- get yellow fins. Between the color and the movement, they are very easy to see in murky water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom