Bright equipment colors worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I guess if enough divers out there are wearing all black it can't be that bad :)
You can always spice things up by adding some H's to your gear!

:D

You can always spice things up by adding some H's to your gear!

:D

I'm tellin' Tobin!:D

Nothing wrong with pink, or any other solid colour for that matter. Manufacturers should, however, stick to one dominant colour, e.g.
a921_1.jpg

Diving suits with colour-clashing "panels", e.g.
design_your_own_custom_oneill_wetsu.jpg

are too reminiscent of the following:
80002.jpg

Incidentally, there's a recent gear-colour-related ScubaBoard thread at
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/273538-equipment-color.html

to anyone who thinks that someone's gear should be a color of their choice ... why should you have any say?

I like the idea of color, it aids in diver recognition (that's Don, I see the yellow mask strap, thats Chris, I see his red fins) and in keping track of your camera toting, always darting off, buddy :)

to anyone who thinks that someone's gear should be a color of their choice ... why should you have any say?

I like the idea of color, it aids in diver recognition (that's Don, I see the yellow mask strap, thats Chris, I see his red fins) and in keping track of your camera toting, always darting off, buddy :)

Thanx for the sweet link. I'm always getting asked about my pink stuff and Kimber's site is gone.

And my buddy never loses me. :D

I like my yellow fins in the low vis stuff we have to deal with. Makes it a bit easier for students to follow me when I am assisting. I'll often turn my gloves inside out so that my hands are white. Makes the hands stand out a bit more in the murk for signaling and such.

One other thing to take into account is the way you dive. Having "odd" or colored gear keeps it from walking off the boat in another dive's bag by mistake. As an example I have both lavender and pink weight belts, in addition to the yellow and host of black ones for use on head boats I'm not familiar with. My Jets have pink fin straps, or a custom made spring fin strap with racing bike inner tube over the springs if diving dry.

Adding SOLAS tape ( IDENTI-TAPE - 3M US Coast Guard 3M SOLAS Safety Reflective Tape ) to gear marks it well, and aids visibility. Just be aware that putting on tanks is labor and $ intensive as it must be removed and replaced each year for tank inspection. IT is available in both adhesive and sew on versions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom