Bring my own stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just take my own regulator, computer and mask. Everything else I just rent. Have not had a major problem with gear from any dive op I've used. Besides, my wife is not too keen on having my dive gear drying all over the room during our cruise.

Hi,

I'm going on a cruise in January. Each stop has a 2 tank dive excursion, which I will be taking. I'm very new and really can't wait to dive in these places. I have my own gear, almost all ScubaPro. My question is, should I take all my nice stuff and deal with the hassle of toting it (Drive from Augusta, GA to Tampa, FL) to the ship and back. Or, just use the stuff provided. Can I expect decent quality equipment that I'll be able to learn quickly or will it be leaky old crap?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Doug

If you're driving to the boat bring your own for sure.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the advice! The absolute consensus is take my own stuff, so I will :cool:.

S&V, we are going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. I figured it would be a good way to scope out all these places and then take a full week in our favorite one our next vacation.

Cheers,
Doug

I guess the vote goes with bring your own.. One thing though.. you might want to bring your own weight as when I went I ran into alittle problem as I was using A 5 and a 3 # on each side of my BC and they only had 4 and 3 pounders.

wait for it ... wait for it ... wait for it ..:D

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the advice! The absolute consensus is take my own stuff, so I will :cool:.

S&V, we are going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. I figured it would be a good way to scope out all these places and then take a full week in our favorite one our next vacation.

Cheers,
Doug

That's a great itinerary as you'll be exposed to some of the best dive locales in the Caribbean. The hard part will be deciding which one to return to first. Have a great trip!

wait for it ... wait for it ... wait for it ..:D

What are we waiting for? someone to tell the OP that they should just rent everything because rental gear is absolutely awesome?:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom