Buddy Dive 3/1 - 3/15 Summary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm amused by the "crime happens" part of the OP where the cell phone was taken. Of course it was. With all the warnings about leaving the windows down we still saw a truck locked up tight with expensive looking camera bags in the back seat. At one of the Andrea sites.

That isn't a crime when this gets stolen; it is a donation. Seriously, I agree with you. There is no sense is tempting fate. The local police don't seem to be able to stop the issue, so why leave valuables in plain sight as a donation to the unlawful few?

No matter where I travel, whether that be to dive or otherwise, I take the key off the fob, put it on a stainless steel ring abd the attach that to a caribiner. Then I can attach that to my bsthing suit strap or a belt loop or what have you. Just a regular part of my travel gear.

No matter where I travel, whether that be to dive or otherwise, I take the key off the fob, put it on a stainless steel ring abd the attach that to a caribiner. Then I can attach that to my bsthing suit strap or a belt loop or what have you. Just a regular part of my travel gear.

The car rental agent is often very upset by the well rusted, salt encrusted truck key when I return the vehicle. :wink:

What gets me though is the new electronic keys a lot of vehicle use. That complicates things.

The car rental agent is often very upset by the well rusted, salt encrusted truck key when I return the vehicle. :wink:

What gets me though is the new electronic keys a lot of vehicle use. That complicates things.

when I was in curacao they put a detector on the key ring that if it got wet you would be charged when returning the car - only thing is you could easily just take the key off the the ring and be fine.

But does Buddy start using key fabs??? or was this at a different resort? I don't care where you stay (Bonaire, New York, Paris, Raleigh)- it is stupid to have your room number on your key - you would not put your address on your own set of keys at home? To easy to allow a break-in

when I was in curacao they put a detector on the key ring that if it got wet you would be charged when returning the car - only thing is you could easily just take the key off the the ring and be fine.

But does Buddy start using key fabs??? or was this at a different resort? I don't care where you stay (Bonaire, New York, Paris, Raleigh)- it is stupid to have your room number on your key - you would not put your address on your own set of keys at home? To easy to allow a break-in

I have luckily only had keys with a separate fob for dive rentals.
So far.
Last year on Bonaire my brother and I both removed the fobs, and hid them in the dash.
That way the key went diving with us, but the fob did not. And that way the key worked too, because the fob was hidden near enough to the ignition switch to activate it.

Hope it works better than my otter style box. It is far better at keeping water in, than out. After every dive I have to empty it.

Usually I just put my whole wallet in one. I've had 'em down below 100' a number of times and no leaks to date. So far so good!

Jersey's sure right about those cylinders at Buddy. We were just down there and I was pretty impressed by the wide variances not only in pressure but in nitrox percentages. Those leaks sure make your group easier to herd, though, since the bubbles are constant.

One day at the drive-thru we were checking tank after tank and getting under 26. Seems like there'd been a membrane issue the night before (operator error, not equipment) and the good and bad cylinders were intermixed. We helped check and sort them for a while and got some 33's out of the mess. I can't remember the fill guy's name, but he was not happy with whoever had worked the afternoon before. He was draining two dozen tanks to refill when we pulled out.s

I don't worry so much about the little leaks as I do about the VIP's and hydros (in a lot of places). Actually, I'm too scared to look, most times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom