Budget Diving Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueOrbDiving
NO - I don't work for them and am not getting paid! I do blog, offer vacations, free gear value estimates, and I buy and sell used gear, for a living.

Interesting.

Your profile and some details that I can see as a moderator make me think you're lying about this.

You know, we don't mind commercial entities being on the board to promote themselves within reason but we do have a HUGE allergy for lying and deception.

Your call.

R..

Interesting.

Your profile and some details that I can see as a moderator make me think you're lying about this.

You know, we don't mind commercial entities being on the board to promote themselves within reason but we do have a HUGE allergy for lying and deception.

Your call.

R..

I believe they meant they didn't work for Scuba Club.

I believe they meant they didn't work for Scuba Club.

Semantics when it comes down to the intent. Perhaps the individual should post under a profile of their own?

I'm telling you I don't work for them. I work for myself :) I can tell you I haven't lied or deceived. It offends me that you, as a moderator, would take this tone. I wasn't aware moderators were allowed to be so rude. Although I expect all kinds of bashing from general posters, despite written rules against it, I do not expect it from a moderator.

I own a small business buying and selling scuba gear, am otherwise unemployed. I buy and sell locally, and I have a website online. Because I am a small startup business I look for ANY opportunity to market MY business. My business is like any other registered small business and the information is available in the public arena. It has been a long time since I have been on this message board site, it has changed dramatically to be sure. It seems to be overwhelmed by instructors, dive shop owners, and manufacturers...which puts an interesting skew on the info going out to divers looking for assistance. Some of it is very deceitful. I have an issue with that.

---------- Post added February 15th, 2015 at 07:36 PM ----------

Thank you, that is accurate. A moderator should NOT approach a poster in a demeaning way in a public forum. I am offended by that to be honest, and I am very offended at this moderators post to me. I may not have unpopular opinions, I own that. I view the dive industry differently than "traditional" dive professionals because of the way the industry works. It works against my attempts to make a living in a field I love...unfairly...because I don't own a dive shop and pay $10,000 to buy into a Scubapro-esk contract like they want everyone in the profession to do. All the while the industry promotes deceiving the diving public to make money. It really rubs me the wrong way, and I am openly vocal about it. BUT - I DO NOT ATTACK PERSONS SPECIFICALLY. I offer an opinion on an issue...that is all. And, honestly, I frequently try to market when I can do that. I see a lot of marketing going on around here :)

---------- Post added February 15th, 2015 at 07:36 PM ----------

Please do not moderate on the offense!

---------- Post added February 15th, 2015 at 07:38 PM ----------

Am still learning how all of this works a. And b, if you look up blueorbdiving.com it starts a trail that is very easy to follow and very transparent. I am not hiding behind anything...I just haven't figured out how everything in here works.

I just haven't figured out how everything in here works.

"Seek first to understand... then to be understood."

Steven Covey

Back
Top Bottom