Building diving experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were in your shoes (and I used to be), I would just sign up with a local operator for a dive at my training level. Show up without a buddy, and almost all operators will get you one.

For example, one of the most popular dive sites in the Pompano Beach area is the wreck(age) of the Copenhagen. It's about 30 feet deep. If you liked that, try other similar sites. As your confidence grows, your options for sites will grow with it.

Just an idea, try going on a cruise. I'm from the north but have done all my diving on cruises to the Caribbean All I dive is on cruises in warm water. Just got back from one and dived 3 days in a row. Went on 12 night 7 island cruise last March and dived on 4 of the islands.

Going out on a 7-nighter out of Tampa in February to Roatan, Cozumel, Costa Maya (Mexico) and Belize. Am diving everywhere but Belize (I need to spend some time with the wife). Booked a cheap cruise so I could dive. An excellent way to dive in different places under very controlled conditions with guided dives. Also meet other divers to compare notes etc.

Believe it or not you can cruise pretty cheaply, cheaper than going to a land resort, Not to mention you move from place to place. Heck If I lived in Florida I'd be out on a cruise (lots of cheap 4 & 5-day cruises) a couple times a month diving. Not to mention that cruises are fun in themselves.

I know this may seem like an odd question but Im assuming Im not supposed to go to a beach or docks holding up a sign that says "Looking for an experienced dive buddy, who wants to go diving?" lol

Dude that's a brilliant idea
I did that just a few days ago at least it's more tasteful than the sign John mcClane was wearing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom