Buying a Computer, To save or not to save?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For rec diving a Suunto Zoop is fine, very simple, relatively cheap reliable and easy to use.

Inexpensive + diving = oxymoron.

Son has a Zoop, very happy with it, but be aware it does not have a gauge mode. It does do Nitrox.

When I finally got a computer I just got a basic GEO 100. Then I started nitrox and ditched the GEO after a dozen dives. Picked up a used pro plus 2 that I do love. Considering moving again to the kaon to run deco mixes. So yes, is is tough on the budget to upgrade computers. It is also difficult to buy a computer to your future needs that are unknowns at the time. As for me the kaon was not available at my last upgrade....
IMO get something at least nitrox and can run simple deco stops. Something you can read, feels good and runs in gauge mode. Go through your tech classes gauge mode tables. After you're a couple stages into tech you should be able to figure out which computer you want. Chances are it's not on the market yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom