Bypass a Back Inflate and go to BPW instead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That customer service doesn't do you any good in the middle of the ocean on a dive boat
In fairness, the battery issue was/is not an immediate drain to zero - so it would not impact a dive trip or liveaboard as you could recharge each night.

I have a Suunto Cobra 1 and it has never failed me once in 23 years.
That's great but doesn't change the fact that SW has no lawsuits against them while Suunto does.

I've owned Perdixes which have been solid.

Let's not forget that the controllers for most rebreathers are not made by Suunto but Shearwater. There's a lot more at stake there.

So I'm not willing to throw a company under the bus for trying to introduce a more innovative product.

Maybe go with Suunto then?

What about Ratio? What about Scubapro, Oceanic, Aqua Lung, even Mares/Cressi?

That's great but doesn't change the fact that SW has no lawsuits against them while Suunto does.

Ratio never had an issue with lawsuits.

How do you know for certain that SW never had lawsuits against them at all? (Not saying that they did, I don't know either way myself)

How many more decades are we going to beat that dead horse?
The settlement wasn't that long ago. Just googled it: October 24, 2018. Less than 4 years ago. That's rather recent history from my perspective. Yours, and others, may have a different perspective.

I won't disagree with you there but the Terics have had issues from the start.
True, but others have had zero issues with theirs. I have no idea as to what percentage of Terics sold had the battery drain issue. Obviously anything more than zero is not good. But be fair and recognize that not everyone experienced this. I'd be curious as to the technical reason for this. Was it a production run of faulty parts that wasn't caught by a supplier? And how did SW QC miss this? I would expect (hope?) that both have been resolved.

Back
Top Bottom