Can anyone ID this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sell the tanks? :)
Sell the tanks? (LOL) from what I hear about you is that you have a set of gills hidden behind your ears.

All jokes aside if and when he sales I’m seeing a set of doubles in my mind he has given me first choice and I have now got a 17 year old showing interest in diving and spearing with Daddy

I'm game to go looking for more six inch sand dollars. That was quite a find.

kchFLA:
I'm game to go looking for more six inch sand dollars. That was quite a find.

I seen one of the posted pictures of them they looked awesome, I wish I had the time to run over there

sitting on a shelf above my tv. Suprbugman took a picture of us (me and the sand dollar) under water. Look for his trip report from last weekend's dives in Destin.

When I was a crewman on Navy ASW aircraft we dropped those practice bomblets all the time. They were not particularly dangerous. About the only way it could do much harm was if it fell on you.

captain:
When I was a crewman on Navy ASW aircraft we dropped those practice bomblets all the time. They were not particularly dangerous. About the only way it could do much harm was if it fell on you.

Cap are you for sure on this about the danger envolved? Ive Had a few old fishing boat captains tell me the same and also where I can find several more of them if I watch the tide close

I've always heard they were harmless as well, but I have no first hand experience with banging on them with a hammer or anything. I was just under the impression there is nothing to detonate.

SuPrBuGmAn:
The dummies are very common in this area. I look for them everytime I dive Alabama Piont, I've yet to be lucky enough to find one though.

you don't have to look THAT hard, I dive in FL

From the picture you posted that is what it looks like. If the Navy guy just tossed it in his truck I would say that that is what it was. They will tell you it is dangerous just as a general precaution so if you find something that might really be dangerous you will not mess with it.

Back
Top Bottom