can light in PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir:
Greg, is there an easy way for me to compare the brightness of the Tristar 15 Lighthead say, with the 21 watt HID?

Vladimir, The Tri Star 15 is equivalent to the 10 watt HID. We do not have an LED that can compare to the 21 watt HID.

TSandM:
The Green Force lights are beautiful, and have a very good system for sealing, but at least as of a couple of months ago, they did not offer a focusable light head.

We don't have a focusable 10 watt head. we use the 6 and 13 degree bulbs which a optimal. We have found on the focusable head that there is a dead spot when pulled in tight. So rather having a dead spot we opt for the fixed beam. That said, we offer many other feature that out weight the focusable head.

Thanks Greg.

You are all aying that 18 or 21 watt lights are good, but they are so much more expensive. I will probably get a 10w with a large wreck canister and if i want/need more light I can just get a new 24 watt head. I was thinking dive rite because there are several LDS that sell tham and they have a good product. Any thoughts and I just want to make sure the light heads can be swapped out. Thanks

c555:
You are all aying that 18 or 21 watt lights are good, but they are so much more expensive. I will probably get a 10w with a large wreck canister and if i want/need more light I can just get a new 24 watt head. I was thinking dive rite because there are several LDS that sell tham and they have a good product. Any thoughts and I just want to make sure the light heads can be swapped out. Thanks

18 and 21 watt typically do cost more. Any 10 watt is not only going to be brighter than a 24 watt, it will be more efficient.

Also, you can't swich out light heads as you are referring to. You can only do that with Green Force. If you were to buy a DR light, what you see is what you get. Complete opposite with Green Force. Green Force is a lighting system, others are lights.

What are your needs? Let me know if youhave any questions.

Manta, I just looked at the green force website. Are you saying that if right now I got a Flll battery w/ 10w HID, I could get a 21w HID if I ever need/ want it, but not with DR? Your lights look pretty good. Does anyone else have an opinion on green force? Thanks

Manta, i forgot to ask if your lights are focusable. The website didn't say that they were.

Sorry, I just realized thhat the lights are not focasable. I know Halcyon is expessive, but are there lights able to have the heads swapped out? Thanks for the help.

c555:
Manta, I just looked at the green force website. Are you saying that if right now I got a Flll battery w/ 10w HID, I could get a 21w HID if I ever need/ want it, but not with DR? Your lights look pretty good. Does anyone else have an opinion on green force? Thanks

C555

You are correct. You can swap batteries and light heads with our systems. So if you did have an FIII 10w HID you can add a 21w any time. You can't do that with DR, Halcyon or ANY other light made. All the benefits are listed on the left side bar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom