can light in PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, if you order your light from Salvo or Halcyon with an EO cord, you could switch out the light head at a later time if you wanted.

Concerning brightness, I'd go with a 21w or greater. Once you have a can light, you'll realize how valuable they are in day as a signaling device. 10w just can't cut it in daytime. Ask around for yourself, or search the many threads about light intensity choice.

Focusability is a plus for me. I take a lot of video win my camera and I've found that the diffuse light setting is pretty sweet for video at night. Have a hook at the May 1 Osezaki video on my website to see how the diffuse light works for night Video.
http://www.discoverydiverstokyo.com/Download.html

The remote ballast unit that TS and M has is also the one I dive with. It's a slick unit.

You convinced me, I will probably get a 24w dive rite because I know the LDS that sells them. Salve is sold some places, but I haven't been to these and I have heard good things about DR. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Back
Top Bottom