Can my younger brother join?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Can my brother join the forum? I don't know if it would be allowed, since we would have the same IP address, even though we are completely different people. Also, I'm worried that he might post something stupid and get banned, but I don't want to get punished for something I didn't even do. So if you see a second account coming from my IP address and he posts stuff about how awesome Galbadia Garden is or how he likes Buffy the Vampire Slayer, that isn't me.

We used to have a minimum age for membership but I can't find any info in the TOS so maybe that was changed. The closest I see is "Some material may not be suitable for pre-teenagers."

We have other members who share the same IP address. Just remember to always log out so neither of you will post on the wrong name. If you have any more questions, try asking on Site. Support.

Legally if he's under 13 we need to have a COPPA form signed by a parent/guardian. Other than that there's no problem. COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection

We can usually identify different members from the same IP address fairly easily. It happens often with small businesses that share the same connection through a router, schools, diving couples, etc.

Back
Top Bottom