Can you name the fish or the place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
might be fun....

(all are from Oahu)

Is it the Baby Barge? Kahala Barge? Something Barge? and I say the fish is a shortbodied blenny.

Melissa

His name is Mike.

No, Wildcard, that short boddied Blenny is a female named Lucy. HAHAHA

LioKai:
No, Wildcard, that short boddied Blenny is a female named Lucy. HAHAHA

Hey you! There you come, out of the woodwork, trying to mess up the game...

Melissa, you are right, I think. it migh be a leopard blenny. Mr Mathew from The Big Island, I thought he knew his fish......

where is the place the 2nd picture was taken or are we needing to still guess at that one? I looked up the shortbodied blenny and it says spotted coral and leopard (page 21 of the Hawaii's fishes book).

yea, you were right (and fast). That is the inside of Baby Barge. At midday, the sunlight looks cool coming throught the hatch, I always think.

it is a nice picture. as many times as I have dove on the baby barge I have never been inside it. I always head over to see if the sharks are in the overhang then check out whatever I can find on the top of the barge. Both pictures are really nice. Your photography can't really get any better. You have really got the knack for it. I am working the Sony Open next weekend, but maybe during the week we can go diving (if you are going out).

Melissa

Matt has a long history of problems telling between Mike's and Lucy's.....Look for the Adams apple! :)

catherine96821:
Mr Mathew from The Big Island, I thought he knew his fish......

Hey Hey Hey, I know my fish. I'll be serious for a moment. :11:

Shortbodied Blenny / Pao'o Kauila / Exallias brevis.

The Latin species name BREVIS means "short" not leopard. The colors appear to be yellow and brown indicating a female. The male Shortbodied Blenny is red. Hard to tell from the pic but my guess is female.

I like this game, Catherine, lets play again.
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom