Cancun Cozumel connections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its not that expensive and you get to see some of the mainland as well when doing the ferry and bus. Its also only about 2 hours (maybe) in travel, but you get to see some of the main land.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Would you go through security in only Coz and bypass security in Cun, I have been through security only once in Cun and the line was very very long.

When I did this, you go through "security" (customs, immigration?) in Cancun. But before getting on the Mayair plane in either Cancun or Cozumel, you go through a security screening, but it's in their own little area. They have a metal detector or whatever it is just like you go through to get on any plane.

Flying into Cancun the line for immigration, etc, was long, but moved fast. Once through, I went out the doors and asked one of the van companies about getting to Mayair's terminal, and I was taken to a shuttle bus which got me there. (And didn't cost anything either.)

-Blair

When I did this, you go through "security" (customs, immigration?) in Cancun. But before getting on the Mayair plane in either Cancun or Cozumel, you go through a security screening, but it's in their own little area. They have a metal detector or whatever it is just like you go through to get on any plane.

Flying into Cancun the line for immigration, etc, was long, but moved fast. Once through, I went out the doors and asked one of the van companies about getting to Mayair's terminal, and I was taken to a shuttle bus which got me there. (And didn't cost anything either.)

-Blair

Mayair in Cozumel now uses the main terminal, so security is the same as the big airlines. They stopped using the little special lounge at Cozumel.

If you need to get from Cun to the Mayair terminal, just look for the guys in white pant and turquoise shirts with Lomas tags. Lomas and Mayair are the same company, in some fashion. They will get you a free van over to the new FOB terminal at Cancun.

Many folks are happy with Mayair. Personally, I am not comfortable with using them to get back to CUN. I use the ferry and ADO bus and typically allow for missing one of those and still being at CUN three hours before departure.

It is just the realities of traveling and not having the mindset that I have to eek out every last second on the beach.

Many folks are happy with Mayair. Personally, I am not comfortable with using them to get back to CUN. I use the ferry and ADO bus and typically allow for missing one of those and still being at CUN three hours before departure.

It is just the realities of traveling and not having the mindset that I have to eek out every last second on the beach.

Three hours early AND the ferry and bus. Uggg.... I'm thinking no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom