Canister Light - Reasonably priced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank - whatever you do - don't check out either a 18W or 21W HID. It will cost you big time!!! :D:D:D

That's why I tell new divers that diving with Bob will be a great experience, but very, very expensive . . . :)

One piece of hard-won advice -- don't go cheap on a can light. You'll just replace it, and then you will have bought TWO can lights.

TSandM:
That's why I tell new divers that diving with Bob will be a great experience, but very, very expensive . . . :)

One piece of hard-won advice -- don't go cheap on a can light. You'll just replace it, and then you will have bought TWO can lights.

Specifically, buy the most powerful light/longest burn time you can carry. Otherwise, what was "sufficient" will be insufficient. You can always turn the light off if you don't need it, but if it's not bright enough or does not burn for long enough you'll soon enough be seeking "more power".

TSandM:
... or three ... :D

... Bob (Salvo, Terkel, & NiteRider Diver)

TSandM:
This goes with every purchase of dive gear. Some people initially want to save a few bucks, so they buy a compromise instead of what they should buy. Then they go and buy the right item later on and have to get rid of the superseded stuff.
Hmmm... this sounds like something my ex'es could have collaborated on.

Tom Winters:
This goes with every purchase of dive gear. Some people initially want to save a few bucks, so they buy a compromise instead of what they should buy. Then they go and buy the right item later on and have to get rid of the superseded stuff.

True, but there are exceptions. My 100 watt halogen canister light cost a fraction of an HID setup. For my uses (video), it performs just as good.

Tom Winters:
Hmmm... this sounds like something my ex'es could have collaborated on.

Solid advice, Tom. Thank you. I've learned this through my years of woodworking and wrenching on my Jeep: Cheap tools are nice, but they cost a lot more in the long run. Fortunately, I've mostly avoided making this mistake with my scuba gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom