Car keys and water pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you wanna steal a car up in that snowbound fortress you probably have to leave behind the plane you used to get there with anyways :p

Nah, that's where I used to live in Northern Manitoba. Don't have to bury a key there-no place you'd ever want to dive. Couldn't bury it there anyway-permafrost.

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 03:41 PM ----------

My chipped key can be separated from its aluminium key.
The chipped key can start the car without the aluminium key, but that dont help much when its inside the locked car, which is what the aluminium key is for - locking/unlocking the doors :)

Again, IF it's possible to get a spare cut nowadays with those newfangled keys.

Nah, that's where I used to live in Northern Manitoba. Don't have to bury a key there-no place you'd ever want to dive. Couldn't bury it there anyway-permafrost.

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 03:41 PM ----------

Again, IF it's possible to get a spare cut nowadays with those newfangled keys.
My car keys came with them. The aluminium key is detatchable from the chipped key and is actually the keyring :)
pg88b.jpg

My car keys came with them. The aluminium key is detatchable from the chipped key and is actually the keyring :)
View attachment 183459

Well THAT'S the way! Mine's not like that--what's wrong with GMC???

I've gone to 100 feet with my electronic buttons in an otterbox/drybox. Easiest way to carry a key, cash and ID and anything you want dry and safe with you. Best optional gear purchase ever. Love it

I just use a small builders key safe that I lock to the tow-point on the car. My dive buddies are given the combo in case anyone comes up early and needs to get into the car (or worse, I am injured).

View attachment 183459

That's How my Dodge Caravan Keys are as well. Only bugger is that the car alarm goes off when I open the door with the metal key. I have to quickly find the remote and disable the alarm.
I was liking the idea of a small pelican box tied to my dive flag with the remote in it but someone mentioned condensation ruining it. I think a small silica/desiccant pack would solve that.

There's that alarm thing again. I like the push button thing and some other suggestions. When I dive here in NS I put the spare key uner a flat rock which I keep in the car. Still bury it when in Conn., etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom