Caribe Blue and Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who may be interested, Cathrine and Abel had there baby around the 30th of January. She was born durring the full moon, and coincidently was named Luna. My wife and I stopped round to visit with them near the end of February, and they are all happy and healthy. Luna is a cutie!

Matthew

Just returned from Caribe Blu & Blue Angel today, and Jorge is still the #1 favorite DM there ... we managed to squeak in 3 dive days with him between groups he was working ... as previously noted, he is much in demand. We did a run over to the mainland on Sunday to dive Las Tortugas with him ... the ride back is always an 'interesting' experience!!

We were wondering what had happened to Catherine, as we didn't see her, and am glad to hear she has a lovely new baby!

GREAT!

We are diving with them July 15-19th! Can you tell us what Dive spots were your favorite and why?

Does Blue Angel let you dive your computer limits or does everyone surface at the same time?

scrapdizzy:
GREAT!

We are diving with them July 15-19th! Can you tell us what Dive spots were your favorite and why?

We had a group of divers with us on our last trip. One of the women said to me at the end of her week "you know, not every dive site can be your favourite. And not every fish can be your favourite fish." :)

My very favourite is Chun Chakaab, way on the south end of the island. It's very different from most of the sites in that it's not on the wall, and there's soft coral there... Barracuda is another good one; I like that one for the current ride - can be very fast. Santa Rosa has always been one of my best dives; lots of swimthroughs. All of Palancar is my favourite - huge coral formations, lots of swimthroughs, and lots of fish (I am a fish nerd, always on the lookout for a new one). On a recent trip to Devli's Throat, I saw a cave basslet, which of course, made that my favourite dive site. Um, and Cedral (both wall and pass) are great - almost always see sharks and green morays there. Anywhere there's a seahorse is my favourite, so at this point, that would be Paradise. (Yes, Paradise is my favourite dive site.) Columbia shallows at night - saw four octopus and they are my favourite, so that is my favourite dive site. Tunich is always great. Had a great dive on Yucab Wall; ask Jorge about that one, he doesn't get to dive it very often, but it's awesome. You reach a point where the wall drops away, and you get down to about 120' and there are a thousand blackcap basslets - they're purple, and they're my favourite. Someone mentioned Tortugas - if you get a chance to go there, do. The turtles are everywhere, and keep your eyes peeled for the Blue Angelfish - which oddly enough, do not appear at the island sites but are plentiful on the mainland.

They really ARE all my favourite, each in its own time. :) Have a great trip!
kari

Are there english speaking channels on the TV's at the Cariblu?

Just wondering. Hope to not have enough time to watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom