Cattle Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the most part, the diving boats here in socal normally carry somewhere around 20 divers. I haven't heard of anyone having problems. When you take the stride in the water I was always told you signal the DM you are ok and then CLEAR THE AREA before you descend, so that other divers still on the boat can jump in and get wet also.

When in Hawaii the boat we were diving from had around 20 also and again there was never a problem. I think a little common sense and courtesy by ALL divers is the key. There is a lot of room in the vast waters we play around in so there shouldn't be any problem.

On the other hand, while doing some shore dives I have had some OW students run over us, but we were in an area that can get quite cluttered with well over 50 divers at a time.

LOL Jonathan, I think you probably were "hit". The Tanker (American Tanker) is a popular dive site in the harbor. But, the reef with the annoying sub is Gab Gab 2. The first time I did Gab Gab 2 was from the shore..and no one warned me about the stupid sub! I kept hearing this droning sound..and actually it freaked the crap out of me! Vis was low so I couldn't see it..so I kept looking all around wondering what was going to crash on my head!

When were you on Guam?

And when he lets his sirens off boy do you know it!! Probably upset with one of the "tour groups" literally crawling along the bottom!

Was there that infamous week last September. Great diving, could do the harbour wrecks all week and some nice gentle drifts.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom