cave depths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...//... I'll leave this one alone, but you are making us IANTD instructors look bad.

I had the good fortune to be trained by a most unusual IANTD cave instructor. He taught me attitude. You certainly know and can not deny that this is an IANTD unspoken qualifier that every IANTD instructor must use to pass/fail a cave student.

I do not see such in your post. No gloves, no pulled punches. You are worried about how you as an IANTD instructor look.

Fumble. I will take grassgreen's side, a diver seeking knowledge that he should have possessed before passing full cave. You could have stood tall and helped him to his feet.

It's the same way your BC let's you know to add some more air.

Another way to look at it...
If you are 150 ft down in a wreck, enter a small chamber, and create a 2 ft air pocket above you from a spare air cylinder, would you be confused about your equivalent depth whilst in the air pocket, 150 ft down, or on the surface?
I am not going to entertain the rest of this thread but kilili, I think it's more like 1 maybe 1.1 cf. I'll check my math later.
This whole thread is pretty funny.

Another way to look at it...
If you are 150 ft down in a wreck, enter a small chamber, and create a 2 ft air pocket above you from a spare air cylinder, would you be confused about your equivalent depth whilst in the air pocket, 150 ft down, or on the surface?

FINALLY!!! A SB approved use for a spare air!?! :D

Pasley and lowviz, cheers, of course i get,

To all the rest no so much thanks, this type of thing puts people off asking questions, if you not got anything constructive to say, just keep it shut!

What???? I would not take an OW course from you even if it was for free, liveaboard in the red sea with all expense paid!! If someone in leadership and education positions don't understand the very basics and I mean the very, very, very basics as you did I would rather hold back on any comments.

I think everyone here really gave constructive and within context "friendly" inputs. Don't let the laughter turn into something you are not ready for.

To all the rest no so much thanks, this type of thing puts people off asking questions, if you not got anything constructive to say, just keep it shut!

I thought my reply addressed your question quite nicely. Sorry if you felt it was not helpful.

This thread, by a diver supposed to be that educated and with that kinda experience SCARE ME :(

Sorry, but I cang escape that fact

If you had just posted this as a diver and left it that way, I'd let it pass and all you'd have gotten was advice/clarification of the fluid mechanics involved.

But you are a full cave diver and an instructor. In that regard, you need to be aware that, for what ever reason, you have a critical gap in your knowledge of dive physics that is not acceptable given the position and certs you hold. You need to address that, but to address it you realize you have the deficiency first. I didn't think blowing sunshine, rainbows and unicorns your way would get the point across, thus you got the post you got.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom