Cave Instructor Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I'm considering taking Apprentice and Full Cave with Jeff Bauer (bigbenddiving.com). Has anyone taken a course with him? I'd really appreciate any feedback (either on the thread or by PM).

Any other recommendations would also be great!

Thanks!!

In the "any other recommendations" department ... if you're shopping, talk to Jim (Wyatt). I took thru Full Cave with him, and it was money very well spent. At the cave level, compatibility between your learning style and your instructor's teaching style becomes very important ... because days are long and drills will at times be intense. So it behooves to ask a lot of questions and evaluate not just the substance of the answers, but the manner in which they're provided ... it tells you a lot about how your instructor thinks, and what they're going to expect from you.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I've removed the off topic discussion. If y'all want to start another thread about internecine squabbles in the cave community feel free to do so. But don't garbage up this thread with it.
Rick

I would suggest gregg stanton at wakulla diving center. Very patient and will really give you the time and individual attention to develop the skills to pass the class.

Sounds like you have an instructor you like. If you're looking for recommendations I'd also suggest Dan Patterson. My wife and I took an/dp from him and will be going back to him for future classes as I learned tons.

Sounds like you have an instructor you like. If you're looking for recommendations I'd also suggest Dan Patterson.

I second that emotion...Dan runs a great cave class.

Jeff was high on my list when I was looking for a cave instructor. I eventually went with Dan Patterson. Dan's teaching style really went well with my learning style (very hands-on and less lecture) and learned quite a bit. Definitely make sure you take the time and talk to as many instructors as you can. That is probably what I would have done differently.

I also trained with Dan, and can heartily recommend him.

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom