CebuDivecentre - stop spamming, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what larry has a lot of time to do is whip up ALL of carl's messages...

There's a neat function "show all posts by this user" or similar when you check out their profile, so it takes all of a minute to copy and paste into a message.

I could do it for you, but I have no desire to die of boredom before I see my family again.

OMG!!!1!11 ZINGGGGG!!!1!!11!!1LOL!!!!!1!!1

edit: - rofl, lmao tbx etc. etc.

Last edited:
Hammerhead,

Thanks for your pleasant note! stop spamming, please! Maybe you should reconsider your choice of words and not be so offensive in a public forum! Doesn't that break the SF code as well. Unfortunately I do not have time on my hands like you so I won't bother looking it up and writing a book about it!

I am only responding to peoples questions and if they require any information or assistance and not randomly sending e-mails. If my response irritates you so much then don't read it... nobody is asking you to!

However, for you other polite members... Thank you for your comments and I will take them on board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note for the admin/mod:

for user like that you may install a great plugin called "miserable user", I use that on my board and what it does is simply pissing people off :
Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

the user can still log in but suffers different probs:
1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

cheers

Rhoody
We have considered using this but in the end decided not to install it.

Hammerhead,

Thanks for your pleasant note! stop spamming, please! Maybe you should reconsider your choice of words and not be so offensive in a public forum! Doesn't that break the SF code as well. Unfortunatley I do not have time on my hands like you so I won't bother looking it up and writing a book about it!

I am only responding to peoples questions and if they require any information or assistance and not randomly sending e-mails. If my response irritates you so much then don't read it... nobody is asking you to!

However, for you other polite members... Thank you for your comments and I will take them on board.

Do you really think I'm an idiot?

Try looking at your last post in this forum.

Ken Hines asks (I paraphrase): -

Where can I dive in the Philippines. I've been to Cebu, which was great, but want to dive somewhere else

Up you pop with

Hey come to Cebu, and dive with us!

You hadn't read his post, and your reply certainly answer his question.

More to the point, until now, all but one of your posts have been blatant plugs for your own business

You now have two, count 'em, two, non-business related posts. Well done.

That in my book is spamming, and spammers are grade A :censored:.

As for not having enough time, you seem to have plenty of that to go and post on every thread that mentions coming to the Philippines copying-and-pasting vitually the same message on each one.

When you signed up for SB, you stated that you had read and would abide by the Terms Of Service.

You obviously didn't and - as far as I can see - haven't.

We have many members on here who run dive-related businesses. Two have posted here, in fact.

These others bring something to the forum by way of fun, information and chat.

They do not use this forum solely as a business development tool, as you seem to be set on doing.

Finally, might I suggest not trying to weasel your way out of all responsiblility for your actions, which seems to be exactly what you are doing now.

That, too is definitely :censored:.

How do I do a poll? I believe the majority would agree that this is spam, but I'd like to prove it.

Last edited:
Larry,

Thank you for your comments and I will consider taking them on board.

If you are interested in diving in the Philippines or you require any information please do not hesitate to contact me on cebudivecentre@yahoo.com. We offer great rates for courses and accommodation!

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
There's a good chance I've been diving the Philippines longer than you have, but I'll let that ride.

There's a good chance I've been diving in more places than you within the Philippines, and with more dive centres, but I'll let that ride, too.

It's a near certainty that I've been going there for longer, and know more people there to ask for advice, but that too doesn't really matter.

The fact is that, if I need to find a place to go, I'll ask independent travellers, not spammers.

What you're doing is unprofessional, annoying, and, if I'm right, a breach of the TOS which will see you cautioned or banned from Scubaboard.

Last edited:
Thanks for your pleasant note! stop spamming, you :censored: Maybe you should reconsider your choice of words and not be so offensive in a public forum! Doesn't that break the SF code as well.

Actually, you're probably right on this one. El O, could you please amend it?

Changing "you :censored:" to "please" ought to do it.

I see what you did there, El O.

And I like it!

:D

I see what you did there, El O.

And I like it!

:D
Larry,

Thank you for amending your thread.

What you have to understand is that people from different cultures or countries, which are members and use this forum, may be offended by the terms you used in your original thread post. I am one of those people.

Seriously, if you had a problem with my replies you could have sent a mail directly to my inbox and not on the forum and I would have replied in a decent manner and taken your point of view on board.

I hope this misunderstanding satisfactorily resolves this issue and I would appreciate your need to poll my 'spamming' be removed and the term 'Have a ****ing medal, my son'

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom