CebuDivecentre - stop spamming, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am with Matt.....it is open season now....ROFLMAO!!!!

How did I get dragged into this? I'm just trying to promote TRITON TECHNICAL DIVING - GET YOUR TECH DIVING HERE! - BEST PRICES IN THE VISAYAS! DONT MISS OUR CHRISTMAS SPECIALS.... :wink:
Carl,

Check this out.

Isn't that just shameless promoting of yourself Chip? - you going for a Nobel Peace prize? Or just a UN peacekeeping negotiator or something :D

Are you willing to remove your offensive spamming language as well, Carl? I’d bet you a tank fill that taking the time to remove your clear advertisements would go a long way toward getting others to use more subtle language with you (and maybe even amend their previous posts as you would like to see done).

It is somewhat hypocritical of you to cite your personal gripes in this vein while ignoring that your blatant advertisements are anything but subtle in language and thus offensive to some.

And why should the poll be removed? I’ve read the OP for that poll. Which particular words or phrases do you find offensive? You’d think that someone so tuned in to all the cultural differences on this board would want to know whether or not the posts in question do indeed meet the standard for spam with the TOS and with other posters from all those various cultural places.

In the meantime, what are you prepared to do to make “retroactive” nice regarding this issue other than make requests that others amend their previous posts?

Cheers!

Larry,

Thank you for amending your thread.

What you have to understand is that people from different cultures or countries, which are members and use this forum, may be offended by the terms you used in your original thread post. I am one of those people.

A touch patronising, but I'll take your point. The problem there is that I'm naturally abrasive. Sort of like sandpaper, and it has caused me a couple of vacations from this noble board.

Seriously, if you had a problem with my replies you could have sent a mail directly to my inbox and not on the forum and I would have replied in a decent manner and taken your point of view on board.

Given that your immediate response to my public complaint was to try to justify yourself, and then to spam me, I'm not so sure.

I hope this misunderstanding satisfactorily resolves this issue and I would appreciate your need to poll my 'spamming' be removed and the term 'Have a ****ing medal, my son'

Carl

You've been good enough to offer to drop the company plugs on the other thread, so fair enough.

I've edited the post that offended you, but I believe only a Moderator or Admin can remove the other thread.

Guys? How about it?

Last edited:
sonstige_smilies_0023.gif

whadday miss? whadday miss??

:popcorn::popcorn:

larry- what's up with the angel thingy. :rofl2:

If you're really so concerned, why don't you just report the post to the moderators and let them decide rather than launching a crusade? Geeze. Nothing better to do?

If you're really so concerned, why don't you just report the post to the moderators and let them decide rather than launching a crusade? Geeze. Nothing better to do?

Truth be told, I only thought about reporting it after making the original thread. That's 100% my fault.

As for the "crusade", I made one post. The other party decided to argue the case, not sure if I was right, I decided to ask people. Most agreed with me, the other guy said sorry for being naughty, I said sorry for calling him names and asked for the threads to be deleted.

As crusades go, it was more of a kindergarten scrap.

If any mods had got here a couple of hours ago, you'd never have known. Or got upset.

Back
Top Bottom