Certification cards once again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to take my Padi Basic Diver card when I travel. It's a lot of fun to watch their faces as they try to figure out what the heck it is! ;o)

+1 for highest cert and nitrox...

Only been asked for an advanced cert once, on a Spiegel dive, but they *did* refuse a couple with OW certs to do that dive...

There's only one card you need.... a tech card. Depth and nitrox will never be a problem. :wink:

+1 for highest cert and nitrox

I also have colour photocopies laminated on A4 pages in my Pelican case along with my current logbook, and photocopies of my C cards in my current logbook

I wonder why PADI "OF COURSE" only allows access by PADI centers and instructors while NAUI & SSI allow access to all their divers and any shops the customer might do business with. I guess it is just their way of looking out for their customers.:mooner:

I'm not quite sure that information is correct. I just went on PADI's website, and found my dive buddy's certification level, his cert numbers, the dates of his certifications, and his most recent picture submitted.

And I'm certainly not a padi center.

I just carry my DM, Trimix, and Cave cards.
The DM card usually covers me for any rec diving but I take the others just in case someone says that I can't do such and such without specialized training. Tri should cover me for "deep" & nitrox dives and the Cave should cover me for wreck dives.
If the shop doesn't except any of those I won't do business with them again,

I'm not quite sure that information is correct. I just went on PADI's website, and found my dive buddy's certification level, his cert numbers, the dates of his certifications, and his most recent picture submitted.

And I'm certainly not a padi center.

I looked and couldn't find it. Could you provide a link? It would probably be good to know in the off chance that we ever do loose our cards but still require them ...

I looked and couldn't find it. Could you provide a link? It would probably be good to know in the off chance that we ever do loose our cards but still require them ...

If you sign up for 'My PADI Profile' on PADI The Way the World Learns to Dive? - Find Scuba Diving Lessons, Scuba Certifications, Dive Shops, Dive Resorts, Scuba Gear, Scuba Diving Trips and Vacations, Scuba Diving Careers, you should be able to access details of any PADI certifications that you may hold.

Unfortunately, you cannot sign up to "My PADI" at the moment.

https://www.padi.com/padiprofile/html/comingsoon.asp

PADI is redesigning this community. The project, however, has been postponed indefinitely.

Existing My PADI users can still log into My PADI Profile, however due to recent database upgrades, new accounts cannot be created until the new community launches. If you'd like to be notified when My PADI opens, please join the PADI Facebook page

Look I carry my log book with me everywhere that I go diving. In my log book I have my cards all 3. I am NAUI and as such you dont need "deep" "night" and any other specialties. Your deep,night,nav are all included in your AOW and I have never been questioned except once when I was wanting to do a night dive from an outfit that was PADI and they insisted I needed a "Night" card but after talking to the guy he backed off. NAUI does not even have a night specialty.

Any way Just bring all your cards with you and therfore you will never have to guess or be without.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom