Chdk s100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescuediver (and other S100 owners) -- here's a necro-post, since I just got my S100 and started looking into CHDK and the manual TTL issue.

I posted Interceptor's script to the S100 CHDK thread, and someone there kindly took a look at it. They did not test it, but in looking at it saw no reason it should not work on the S100. Perhaps the problems reported in the past were because CHDK for the S100 was still pretty new? Has anyone actually tried Interceptor's TTL script with a current CHDK build?

I'm still reading up on how to install and use CHDK, but I aim to try. If someone beats me to it, please post your results.

I don't have an S100 to test however the script will work on the S100 depending on the property case of the Digic V processor (S100) being the same of the Digic IV (S9X)
Looking at CHDK it would seem those are the same, if so the script will work out of the box

I'll give it a try.......I assume I can get it off of the S95 ttl post that Interceptor just updated?

With Interceptor's input and help a few months ago, I got my S100 working just fine using CHDK...ttl and over rides set...works just like manual with tll (Tv and a user menu developed...gives immediate acess to aperture)

I just tried this manual mode ttl script and it works fine on the s100, ys-01 strobe, with the latest chdk version as of today. Thanks interceptor! It also works with custom settings mode but you just have to alt shutter to turn it back on when switching modes. Changing modes deactivates it.

I have always manually set the strobe. Is there any recommended flash compensation Ev setting when using ttl and this script?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Glad it works
The exposure compensation feature is not needed with dark aluminium housings however it could be needed with plastic transparent housing where light from internal strobe leaks out

So this only adjusts the internal flash power but doesn't affect what ttl is telling the external strobe to use for a value?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The flash exposure compensation adjusts the exposure that the flash measures. So if you use it it will tell the external strobe to pump more or less light.
So it does effect the external strobe in fact it affects the whole picture exposure

The reason why I put the feature there is that some users with transparent plastic housing had a situation where the internal strobe would leak and overexpose the picture. This is not usually needed with aluminum housing

However if you feel that your set up systematically over or under exposes pictures you can use this command. Typically it is set to a fixed value

I can also happily confirm that the script works on my S100!

UnderH2OView--In my dry-land tests, setting the camera's M-mode flash compensation to the lowest of its 3 settings yielded the best results. I left the script compensation at 0.

Thanks again, Interceptor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom