Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea my quilted worked out really well for me ~40F water a couple of weeks ago. The only issue I have is that the suit is a little large on me and it bunches up and I have to stuff myself into my drysuit.

I love it when it gets warmer and I can dive in my Polartec power stretch suit. I wish this guy made a suit out of Polartec power stretch material.

J:

cmalinowski:
Holy cow :) It is funny what is cold to one versus another. This would only be a light fleece dive for me.
Actually, I was concerned I would be overheating on the dive, so I brought my lightweight Walmart Dive Shop gear, too. I wasn't overheating, so they're not a fleece dewar flask or anything. :wink:

I'm looking forward to diving it in some cold water (cold starts at 40 and ends at ice, at least in my book), but cold water isn't exactly handy around me. If I can get farther north to some lakes, I might get a chance. I hail from Wisconsin, originally, so my concept of a warm late-spring day is what people around Baton Rouge think of as an ice age. Oh, and the divers here seem to consider the 68-degree springs "cold".

Let me know how you like it in cold water, but it's at least functional in cool water. :D

JKSteger:
Yea my quilted worked out really well for me ~40F water a couple of weeks ago. The only issue I have is that the suit is a little large on me and it bunches up and I have to stuff myself into my drysuit.

I love it when it gets warmer and I can dive in my Polartec power stretch suit. I wish this guy made a suit out of Polartec power stretch material.

J:
Nice to know the quilted undergarment worked so well. I was thinking of getting a med heavy smartwool to go with my Bare T100 polartec, but I think the quilted undergarment is a much better deal:)

Can't beat the price and the suit works great. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the different styles, etc. from this guy.

J:

ClayJar:
...I'm looking forward to diving it in some cold water (cold starts at 40 and ends at ice, at least in my book), but cold water isn't exactly handy around me...
You're not going to get much of a sympathy party from me. I'm stuck in cold water land. I guess I should be glad that I don't live in MA or upstate NY, etc. Although, easy access to Great Lakes wrecks would make it worthwhile :)

Chris

Oh, yeah? Just wait until March, when we're all going to have to don our drysuits and fleeces and such in the hot weather before we hit the water. :D

I just picked up one of the "4WAY FLEX DRY SUIT FLEECE UNDERGARMENT" off Ebay and I'm very surprised how good the fit was. I have an Andy's polartec quilted one, but I burn up in water warmer than 48 to 50 degrees. I think this cheap Ebay special will be great in water above 50. And I bet I have a lot more flexibility too. I'll try it in a few weeks.

CB

AZ_Zoner:
I just picked up one of the "4WAY FLEX DRY SUIT FLEECE UNDERGARMENT" off Ebay and I'm very surprised how good the fit was. I have an Andy's polartec quilted one, but I burn up in water warmer than 48 to 50 degrees. I think this cheap Ebay special will be great in water above 50. And I bet I have a lot more flexibility too. I'll try it in a few weeks.

CB
CB,
Have you tried the 4way flex on 50degree waters? Does it keep you warm?
I just got my 4WAY Antarctica undergarment today and this thing is thick. I'm just worried about burning up now:)

are these Antarctica undergarment still available on ebay? im getting ready to order a drysiut and it looks like a pretty good deal for the undergarment witch i no nothing about.

subzero:
CB,
Have you tried the 4way flex on 50degree waters? Does it keep you warm?
I just got my 4WAY Antarctica undergarment today and this thing is thick. I'm just worried about burning up now:)

I'll be diving in the local lake in a little over a week. It's in the low 50
's right now.

I'll let you know.

CB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom