Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Floater, have you ever just considered turning on the heat? :D

Sometimes I do, but the way my heating works is that it heats up the whole apartment by blowing hot air into different rooms through vents in the ceiling, whereas I just need the bedroom heated up at night. Sometimes I just turn it on for an hour or so to heat the place up and then it stays warm for a while. Anyway, I wanted something extra warm to wear to bed. I guess I could have just bought a thicker blanket and pajamas... but I can't take those diving. :11doh: 2 birds...

You don't also have a problem with occasionally rolling out of bed, do you? I hear you can fix that with a stainless steel backplate... but if that doesn't work, just add a set of doubles. :D

Okay, got the Antarctica today, and I'll post photos soon.

Incidentally, that thing certainly doesn't lack warmth, but wind does cut through it rather well. Of course, I've got a few "windsuit in a bag" things ($5-10 at the sports store), and wearing one of those would probably work as well as a windbreak as the quilted's outer layer.

One small question: Is the Quilted stitched all the way through (as it appears it is in the photos)? The Antarctica's two layers of fleece are not attached to each other at all, which makes the sleeves and especially the legs a bit more difficult to don (the inside fleece was bunching up on me).

(Hehe, of course, if I stitched the pocket-sized windsuit onto the outside, going all the way through both fleece layers, I'd end up with perhaps a somewhat thicker "Quilted Antarctica"...)

I purchased 2x from this guy, 1x fleece antiartic I use it below 50f 1x med fleece above 50f (excellent quality)

ClayJar:
One small question: Is the Quilted stitched all the way through (as it appears it is in the photos)?

Yes, but maybe the Antarctica is of 4-way stretch because it's not stitched all the through.

The quilted was fine when I was reaching back in the photos while standing up, but when in bed I did notice restriction to movement sometimes.

Well, I put in my order the day after you did, but I *did* spring for the faster shipping.

Back
Top Bottom