"cheap"/rec AI DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have the perdix and it will serve all you want or need in a computer and beyond, and you have a spare transmitter. If you sell these and recoup the 1k how much will you spend for any of these other options? Sell the extra transmitter and deduct that 250 € from where you sit now.

at best with what you are asking you may end up with 100€ more in your pocket and a much less capable computer, false economy.

would you want to dive a regulator that delivers just enough air but isn’t capable of more if/when you need it?

No custom GFs, only presets. No SurfGF. It looks like Ratio computers are very good. They don't have much exposure in the US yet, have never seen one. I've not heard about their service.
Ratio has great customer service. They are available from Divers Supply. Ratio iX3M 2 Dive Computer
BoltSnap on here is a great wealth of knowledge on ratio computers.

The OP lives in the EU. Here you can get a new MH8A transmitter for 230 € (the Aqualung one) at shops without any problems.
He has access to the post I assume, he can sell it over here easily enough.

A buddy of mine dives a ratio. Not sure which model though. His only complaint I've heard is that he likes the Shearwater app and data plotting better. @scubamike21 any other thoughts on this?
if you want to be able to change your GF to whatever you want go with shearwater. the ratio ix3m can change GF's if oyu upgrade to the tech+ but thats $300 on top of the comp purchase so your only going to be a couple hundred away from a perdix. if your okay with the preset GF's on the ix3m easy and want a cheaper option to get AI the ratio is not all bad, but if your going to upgrade it to tech+ i would just go perdix. if you dont care about AI i would recommend the Peregrine. i currently use the ix3m easy with the ratio transmitter and i like it but i dont want to spend $300 just so i can change the GF's. the tech+ upgrade also gives you other upgrades like multiple transmitters, and more gas mixes but unless your a tech diver you wont use any of that so thats why im not upgrading my ratio and planning on selling it to get a perdix or just flat out buying a perdix and keeping ratio easy as my b/u.

Any idea why they went with the segmented LCD display instead of the newer IPS LCD style displays?

I believe to keep the cost down and stay very price competitive for the intended market segment for these computers. If you want better screen, you will have to pay more for it such as the G2.

Also, if I remember correctly, to stay slim and use a small battery. Such displays use rather less power than their more extravagant counterparts.

Also, if I remember correctly, to stay slim and use a small battery. Such displays use rather less power than their more extravagant counterparts.
Scubapro says 2 years/300 dives from a CR2450. I still get 250 dives/CR2450 from my over 12 year old Oceanic VT3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom