Cheapest Flight Ticket for Scuba Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayak.com is by far the best for finding cheap tickets. Sometimes you can do a little better going directly to the airline once you find the flight numbers.

Airasia.com should you do any hopping around in Asia - but they have very limited luggage restrictions.

You may want to just check with a travel agent as well. Sometimes diving bundles can be very very cheap... Suspect you could do well in the Philippines or Thailand about now. But I'm guessing you were thinking Caribbean?

You mean more like...

lastminute.com: Save up to 70% on last second travel deals!

All of them use the same database in reality, they just put a different face on it. I've found some wonderful hotel and airfare deals through Kayak... as in looking today, leaving tomorrow.

Dave

Thanks for all inputs... However you guys seem to misunderstand last minute getaway deal....

I subscribed major airline deal and knew pretty much about many major INTERNET search sites, such as sidestep, Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Last Minute Deal, etc. However, like Nudediver pointed out, their deals aren't last minute deal at all. To ensure the best deal, you need to book at least two weeks in advance and one week advance for a direct airline company deal.

I can't find the site that offers a real last minute deal right before 12~24 hrs departure. There used to be some sites that are offering an instant last min. deal that is very time sensitive.

Please don't mention about bidding at Priceline. Based on my experience, you have to spend most time at the airport for the weekend trip.

Buy your own plane!

Ok it is not "cheap" (trust me) but it IS convenient! :)

There's always the truck stop. Cheap transportation to just about anywhere. You might have to help unload a trailer or two to get where you are going but if you don't mind riding along with a smelly-a***ed truck driver it's an option.

Just checked Southwest's website. They raised the price of the Col's/Ft. Lauderdale round trip flight I bought the other day by about $50 overnight. Lucky me. You really have to check in on and keep an eye on these airlines to save any money the way the cost of oil is jumping back and forth.

Ok it is not "cheap" (trust me) but it IS convenient! :)
Only if you take a marginal cost perspective.

Compared with taking a commercial flight when needed, there is nothing convenient about engaging in and managing the process of learning how to fly a plane that will handle your travel needs, acquiring such a plane, acquiring a place to store such a plane, performing the required maintenance, dealing with refueling issues, paperwork, annual inspections, etc. etc. etc.

You mean more like...

lastminute.com: Save up to 70% on last second travel deals!

All of them use the same database in reality, they just put a different face on it. I've found some wonderful hotel and airfare deals through Kayak... as in looking today, leaving tomorrow.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I know that one as well..

As we know, Hoosier land isn't favorable to any good airline deal... Darn!

There's always the truck stop. Cheap transportation to just about anywhere. You might have to help unload a trailer or two to get where you are going but if you don't mind riding along with a smelly-a***ed truck driver it's an option.

Man, my life/time is better than that.......:no: It might be a good tip for the colleage kid. :blinking:

Just checked Southwest's website. They raised the price of the Col's/Ft.

Maybe they did.

Maybe they didn't.

I saw a report on television that may be in play here. When you visit a site like this and then leave it for later, cookies come into play. When you come back to it later, they know you were there before, and taht you were interested in that flight. Some sites will raise the price when you come back, figuring that this time you are ready to buy.

Since I saw that report, my wife and I (and sometimes our friends and neighbors) have done what the report recommended with surprising success. When we see this happen, we leave the site and come back to it on a different computer. Bingo! The price goes back down.

Sometimes.

Maybe they did.

Maybe they didn't.

I saw a report on television that may be in play here. When you visit a site like this and then leave it for later, cookies come into play. When you come back to it later, they know you were there before, and taht you were interested in that flight. Some sites will raise the price when you come back, figuring that this time you are ready to buy.

Since I saw that report, my wife and I (and sometimes our friends and neighbors) have done what the report recommended with surprising success. When we see this happen, we leave the site and come back to it on a different computer. Bingo! The price goes back down.

Sometimes.

Yes, it is totally true..... Even they know which sites you are googling....

Another tactic that I am using is to fill out the reservation form including your email address and don't confirm it... And leave there, go to another sites and play with the same schedule... You will get a lot of deals about your destination within two days. Based on my experience, Hotwire is very aggressive. But, you have to play with the competitors, such as Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Sidestep, etc.....

At the end, make sure of cleaning your all cookies.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom