Cheapest Flight Ticket for Scuba Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And then divide that by the number of pax to get cost p/p. Pretty competitive, just as convenient and I'd bet you could beat schedule.

Yeah...split that in half (for two people) and since I am five minutes from my plane...VERY convenient.

Add in the cost of NOT dealing with the TSA/airport hassles and it is well worth it at times! (others not so much, never talk to me around annual time :no::rofl3:)

Yeah...split that in half (for two people) and since I am five minutes from my plane...VERY convenient.

Add in the cost of NOT dealing with the TSA/airport hassles and it is well worth it at times! (others not so much, never talk to me around annual time :no::rofl3:)

What kind of airplane do you have?

Back in the 70's when I was flying a lot I almost lost my mind and was considering the purchase of a Cherokee. I came to one day and stopped flying. Man, that was close.

Ahh, but you're missing the adventure of GA flying. Getting there is half the fun! No weight restrictions, depending on what you're flying, of course. And, in places like the Bahamas you can get to the smaller islands off the beaten path that the big commercial carriers don't go. Just make sure you're up on your short field work, tho!

When your family weighs in at 780 pounds, add your gear (4 divers), full fuel load, take off altitude of 5500 ft, temperatures ranging from mid 20's to early 30's (celcius) your GA singles just don't cut it! Cost of twins and turbines is way to high for justifiable recreational use!

What kind of airplane do you have?

Cessna 182. That is why I laugh sometimes and what some consider expensive in SCUBA. The care and feeding of a plane is only eclipsed by that of a child I think! :D

Here is a pic of my first passion (well besides the wifey!)

Attachments

• IMG_2947re.JPG
    IMG_2947re.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 28
Cessna 182. That is why I laugh sometimes and what some consider expensive in SCUBA. The care and feeding of a plane is only eclipsed by that of a child I think! :D

Here is a pic of my first passion (well besides the wifey!)

Looks great. But only two people max....???

BTW, do you live nearby Atlanta, don't you? If then, you live in one of air travel friendly cities (Delta hub). My local airport is UPS hub. LOL~~~~

Looks great. But only two people max....???

There is a very similar Cessna sitting at the bottom (23 feet) of Aurora Reservoir, the only thing to see in one of the few places to dive in Colorado. I have only been there once, but, believe me, I know every inch of it.

A 182 is four-place and a good hauler - perfect for getting around at "optimal cost per mile". ATL to Key West in about 4 hours, give or take for winds, plenty of trade space for pax, fuel and gear. Nice ride.

Thanks Geokr...and yes it is definitely a four-placer, or two people and a TON of gear!

Now I have to spend money on all the fun SCUBA stuff I want to do (including travel) AND I am going to work on my IFR cert this year. :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom