Choices for regs in certain price range

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The scubastore price looks good. But check the shipping, that shop is in Spain iirc,and the postage could be huge.

The scubastore price looks good. But check the shipping, that shop is in Spain iirc,and the postage could be huge.

No go lol. They don't ship apeks to the states.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Another suggestion to you is Atomic Z2. All atomic internal design are the same, so they all breath the same. The Z2, you are getting brass (whic is what every other brand is) instead of titanium or Monel on the higher end model. Two year service internal, transferrable warranty (not sure why you need it). Price for 1st+2nd is usually in the low $300 new.

When you need to sell and upgrade your reg, you will apprecieta name brands such as atomic, apeks, scubapro, ....

SCUBAPRO is the best IMO. If you are interested in new or used, checkout our web site below for our May Sale.

All diaphragm regs are sealed by design.....adding a second environmental seal to a diaphragm will only benefit you in sub 40's water.
As for keeping stuff out....please let me never dive in conditions where an environmental seal is necessary.

All diaphragm regs are sealed by design.....adding a second environmental seal to a diaphragm will only benefit you in sub 40's water.
As for keeping stuff out....please let me never dive in conditions where an environmental seal is necessary.

I am not so sure about that. scubapro Mk11? apeks US4? some internal component will see water in these reg.

The MK25 is a piston design.
The whole middle part of piston regs is open to the water (inside there are the 2 main dynamic o rings).
For someone that was sold on the enviro seal of double diaphragm regs this is a step backwards.

The real deal is for anything but extreme cold water or diving in a septic tank if you rinse (preferably soak) your reg well after a dive it makes little difference what you get.....piston vs. diaphragm.

The MK25 is a piston design.
The whole middle part of piston regs is open to the water (inside there are the 2 main dynamic o rings).
For someone that was sold on the enviro seal of double diaphragm regs this is a step backwards.

The real deal is for anything but extreme cold water or diving in a septic tank if you rinse (preferably soak) your reg well after a dive it makes little difference what you get.....piston vs. diaphragm.

I was just asking based on someones post. Keeping my options open my friend.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom