Christmas 2011 in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Galleon is a good choice for sure. Nice restaurant, good bar (point bar), good boats, nice pier. Easy walk to the town of Sabang.
Not my cup of tea, but everyone has different tastes. Try to book a morning trip to Verde Island, a must do dive when in Mindoro. Anialo is also an option, but if staying in PG, I would just book it as a day trip from your dive shop instead of the ferry/jeepney way. Although my family lives in Anialo area, I actually prefer diving over in PG.

Okay, stupid question: Dauin is a fab dive site off Dumaguete, right? Are these resorts close to Atlantis then? I'd also read that the pier was the premiere dive site, and since that is closed, people are less enthused about Dumaguete. What is your opinion of that?

Dauin is village outside PG, and Atlantis is there. I agree 100% regarding loss of pier as dive site, and I would no longer bother staying there. Apo Island is a different story though. Great place.

I wonder why he viz is so bad? Is that normal or is there a plankton bloom or something else going on?
Very good all those yrs ago but nowadays.....suck even in winter.
Anilao is a lot better for whatever reason.
Over development??

As for El Galleon, I wondered who issued the building permit for the extension!!!
Well, if Red sun was allowed to remove half of the hill then anything is possible in PG!!!!

Dauin is village outside PG, and Atlantis is there. I agree 100% regarding loss of pier as dive site, and I would no longer bother staying there. Apo Island is a different story though. Great place.

typo? confused between the 2 atlantis location?

Very good all those yrs ago but nowadays.....suck even in winter.
Anilao is a lot better for whatever reason.
Over development??

As for El Galleon, I wondered who issued the building permit for the extension!!!
Well, if Red sun was allowed to remove half of the hill then anything is possible in PG!!!!

Interesting...define "suck" if you please. Is it really so consistently bad?

And what's this about an extension?

I would recommend SEA RIDER DIVE CENTER at Sabang Puerto Galera.

Excellent Macro Spotters, Friendly Staff and Personalized Dives (Photographers is not mixed up with fun divers, dive depends on your air consumptions)

Safe diving

Is it [PG viz] really so consistently bad?

No. It's variable, like anywhere else. A bad day would be 2-3m, a good day is 10m+ depending on the site of course

Matt, I'm thinking about doing a 12 day trip split between Malapascua and Maolboat this year. Maybe in June (last minute planning again:idk:) or November or even Feb of next year. When is the best vis, and equally important, a best time to see the Threshers of Malapascua?

Sorrows, I'm coming from the East Coast and plan to fly directly into Cebu and bypass Manila. Will be using frequent traveler miles and need to see which airline I can find, but quite a few fly with just one connection from JFK.

Matt, I'm thinking about doing a 12 day trip split between Malapascua and Maolboat this year. Maybe in June (last minute planning again:idk:) or November or even Feb of next year. When is the best vis, and equally important, a best time to see the Threshers of Malapascua?

Hi Apadko,

I'd definitely say of those three June is the better time in terms of weather conditions and potential shark sightings. Warm water and better viz mean an all round enjoyable trip.

Let me know if you need more info for your trip.

Matt.

Hi Apadko,

I'd definitely say of those three June is the better time in terms of weather conditions and potential shark sightings. Warm water and better viz mean an all round enjoyable trip.

Let me know if you need more info for your trip.

Matt.

Thanks Matt! I'll contact you once I have my plane tickets figured out.

Back
Top Bottom