Citizen Aqualand problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c6

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Since a couple of years I am the happy owner of a Citizen Aqualand Ecodrive (model B740). For my last trip (ten days Egypt) I left it -with the function hand in the LV2 position- in my closet at home (I have a new Nemo Excel and a Suunto dive computer). When I returned I found my watch with the function hand in the overzone mark position (52 sec position).

After some googling I found following possible explanation : “If the water sensor gets dirty or wet, it is activated optimistically even when the watch is not wet and the wet detection error indication (the function hand points to the overzone mark) appears. In case the watch falls into this status, carefully clean the water sensor part and privately wipe out moisture completely”
Indeed I could blow out a drop of water out of the depth sensor… but the “wet contact” was completely clean and dry. It now has been drying / cleaned for more than 24 hours. It is located in the brightest place of my house… Nevertheless the function hand still points to the overzone mark :depressed:

It raises some questions to me:
1) Are there are any other circumstances in which the function hand points to the overzone mark ?
2) If water is the problem : do you have any idea how long should it be dry before it gets to its normal status ?
3) Any other suggestions to solve my problem ?

Thanks in advance,
bjorn

Hi bjorn,

Welcome to SB! I have the exact same watch. Your best bet (apart from getting it looked at by an authorized repair facility) is to give it some time. Give it at least 3 or 4 days in a low-humidity environment (to aid in the drying), then leave it in the sun as much as possible.

Also, after it's dried a few days, try starting and then stopping the timer. This has worked for me in resetting to normal mode.

All the best!

If you can find someone that has a hearing aid dryer you could use that to make sure it was dry.

Maybe soak it for a bit in a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. Then dry it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom