Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is what happens when you exceed your limits, too true

did you take the trouble to ask an instructor to spend an hour with you in
the dressing room going over the basics?

i bet not!

:wink:

had a similar experience. First person I asked how to get it off said "that's what buddies are for"
Then, while in the showers with a DM, she showed me to cup the bottom edge up, fill it completely with water, then quicly pull it off t-shirt style. After some practice, it worked like a dream.
So much to learn about diving......
Barbara

Please be patient, I'll have the new specialty manual out "Dressing and undressing Solo" in about a week. It'll be a 2 night class, unless you're an unattached lady and decide that I might be a keeper.:wink:

i was at the lds earlier this week trying on 7mm semi-dry wetsuits with the hood. the guy looked at me and gave me a medium. so i go into the fitting room, and spend 15 minutes trying to get that thing on me.

i felt like an overstuffed dumpling.

so i had to take it off (20 minutes, with a good 10 minutes deciding if i should just cut my head off) and spend another 15 minutes trying on the large.

after that whole debacle, i was so tired. felt like i ran a few miles.

Lead_carrier:
Please be patient, I'll have the new specialty manual out "Dressing and undressing Solo" in about a week. It'll be a 2 night class, unless you're an unattached lady and decide that I might be a keeper.:wink:

Do I get a C-Card for that? :wink:

Actually, now that I thinnk about it, I am wondering if a session in a recompression chamber would have helped.

Would my DAN insurance have covered it, or does it depend on the chamber's owner?

Reminds me of an old joke theme ...

How many people does it take to try on a wetsuit ??

'Slogger

What altitude are you at? Perhaps you were narc'ed when you were trying on the suit? :D :lol:

shrswnm:
Then, while in the showers with a DM......

Darn, this wasn't part of my training!!! I keep picking the wrong dive operations! :drejnd:

I had a similar experience with a drysuit I tried to buy off ebay. I wasn't sure it would fit but the seller agreed to take it back if it didn't. When it arrived I was so eager to try it on I did a solo drysuit donning. I had no problem getting into it, but much like your wetsuit it was a bit too small and I couldn't get out. I ended up sitting on the back porch (luckily it was winter because I was pretty damn hot) for about 20 minutes until my wife got home to help me get out.

Back
Top Bottom