Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LMAO!! This thread is killin' me... LOL!

When I went to try on my 5mm, I had to REALLY work to get my leg through, and then I couldn't pull it up. I worked FOREVER, and even got sweaty, to get my foot to go through, and I thought, My god, this thing is TIGHT!!, only to find that I had inadvertantly put my leg through one of the arm sleeves.

*running off to hide in abject embarrassment...*

cornfed:
I ended up sitting on the back porch (luckily it was winter because I was pretty damn hot) for about 20 minutes until my wife got home to help me get out.

:lol:

Next time, drink more fluids to ensure proper hydration and prevent heat exhaustion.

Fish_Whisperer:
LMAO!! This thread is killin' me... LOL!

When I went to try on my 5mm, I had to REALLY work to get my leg through, and then I couldn't pull it up. I worked FOREVER, and even got sweaty, to get my foot to go through, and I thought, My god, this thing is TIGHT!!, only to find that I had inadvertantly put my leg through one of the arm sleeves.

*running off to hide in abject embarrassment...*

:rofl: :lol:

I think you should turn in your C-card for a while.

cornfed:
I had a similar experience with a drysuit I tried to buy off ebay.

I did the same thing, reading your post reminded me I almost killed myself like this once. I got out by myself. Luckily I was not able to fit into the suit all the way, If I'd have gotten my head through I'd have been on the porch with you.

Ok well, I guess I should share that I tried to get a 7mil suit from my LDS for my AOW. They gave me an O'Neil suit and boy was it tight. I nearly hit my head from trying to fit my foot through the LEG (Fish_Whisperer), but I tripped and almost hit my head. I was laughing at myself.

Last year a regular customer brought his 15 year old daughter into my LDS to try on a semi-dry suit and promptly left. The girl got the suit on, but couldn't get back out and I was the only person in the store. To make matters worse, she hadn't brought a swimsuit to wear under the wetsuit. Thank God we were able to reach her grandparents and get them down to the shop to help her out. I was ready to call the fire department and let them cut the suit off her. Poor girl was crying her eyes out, but thought it was funny after ordeal was over.

LOL!!
This happens more often than you might think here at the store.(seen most of these first hand)
Now we know why they say every diver should carry a cutting device(knife).:D

Diver Dennis:
Do I get a C-Card for that? :wink:

If there was a C-Card....

It would cost $200

Not all agencies would offer the specialty

It could be one of the specialty dives in the AOW course

Operators would demand to see the card before letting you dive off of their boat

The standards for the course would vary across the agencies

You would need a separate specialty for each wetsuit thickness

AND

There would be numerous threads on SB discussing the merits of the specialty, decrying the difference in standards across the agencies, and recommending that the most important thing was choosing the right instructor.

That was such an interesting wetsuit. The arms seemed much too long and too baggy, while the legs seemed all too short and excrutiatingly tight. Then there was the matter of the zipper being upside down and no place to put my head through. On the other hand, the generous "rear dump" opening was a convenient and interesting addition. Cressi thinks of everything!!

Back
Top Bottom