Close to Dallas cool dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there today. Dove the southeast side by the camping area. It makes a pleasant day, even at 100 degrees. Pull right up by the entry dock, dive, get out and move 50 yards or so into a really shady area where there's usually a breeze. Eat and decompress, dive again. I drove to the blue dock and dove the plane, and around the north end and then around to the east. A nice easy hour of bottom time. Oh, surface water temp was 90, 72 at the first thermocline at 30 feet.

hehe, looks like we were all there today. I just finished rinsing my gear. I was at CSSP. I was on the plane and found the water temp was 91F above 23 feet. Below 23 feet my computer read 84F.

I still have a tank full of air. I'm thinking I'll either go out to CSSP again tomorrow or maybe I'll go down to Athens and see if I can find a buddy.

I'm working in Dallas but live in Canada. I'll occasionally spend weekends in Dallas and go diving (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday). I joined a scuba club (SCUBADILLO DIVE CLUB) and we did a poker run today. I'm thinking if I stay on Dallas for a while I'm going to spend more and more time just staying here weekends and going diving. Or flying from here to somewhere nicer (Gulf, Florida, Caribbean).

If anyone in Dallas wants a dive buddy, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my contact info.

Last edited:
I talked to a couple of guys that were there with the Scuba Dillon today when I dove the north end and the plane. There were a lot of people there today. And water seemed a bit warmer on that end, maybe because it's shallower that the south end. But pretty dark and cloudy below 30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom