Colpoy Bay depths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I missed these posts Steve. It's the first one, it looked great from the surface two years ago. I'm up for trying it.

The shoal *is* cool, and I'm up for going back.

Well, I finally found someone to take me out on a boat but it is a "tour boat" that is willing to charter to me. It means it is a fair bit more $$ than a charter in Toby but it is an option. $75/hr for 2 divers and $100/hr for 3 divers. The boat is a 20' pontoon boat so NOT a dive boat however last time I dove the shoal looking for the forest was off a similar boat and getting back on the boat was the only challenge. I thin he could launch at Cedar Hill and cut boat travel time down. From Cedar Hill the forest is (by my estimation) 1.7km and the wall dive is (again by my estimation) 2.6km away.

If you are still interested, I can try to let you know if/when it happens. I wold not want any more than three divers on a boat this size. We had 4 last time and it was not great....although it was a blast.

Sure, still interested. Sounds like take tanks off in the water to reboard?

Sure, still interested. Sounds like take tanks off in the water to reboard?

I am still hoping to find something else because that is awfully pricey but.........yes, likely. Last July I had a family friend take 4 of us out on his pontoon boat and we found taking the rig off in the water and lifting it on separately was easier than trying to get up all geared up.

As you have likely seen, I posted on Ontario Diving asking for advice as well since I have had no luck anywhere else (except this one guy). I am not far off booking a tin fishing boat with a swim platform behind it.....I am unfortunately joking :D

I found us an actual dive boat.......now we need divers:D. A total of 8-9 to be exact. I sent you a PM shoredivr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom