Come On Now...Share!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poogweese:
See? See? That's why everyone needs to sell all their snow toy stuff and move to Southeast where you can spend all your disposable income on dive toys:D (and raingear)

I'll keep the snow stuff. I spent a few years in Ketchikan (Mom still lives there). The constant rain bums me out. I also got Island Fever when I couldn't drive anywhere. The flip side was that the diving was top notch, but you needed a compressor.

I'm heading to the hill to burn some calories on a new 172 Never Summer. This is gonna be great! If anyone is heading to the hill, I'll be there @10:20 Red Subaru

I'd have to agree withyou DiveSherpa. I'm reluctant to live in a warmer climate - especially where there is so much rain. I shoveled a bit this morning after a few inches of new snow last night. I sat in the snow near the bird feeders and got to watch the birds close up while they ate. Hairy woodpeckers are huge.

I know Alaskans know what 'hill' you describe, but for outsiders you are skiing one of the finest mountain views in the country. Aside from the fine powder skiing, the view is spectacular. I only know of one other place in the US where you can ski and see the ocean at the same time : Alyeska in Girdwood and Snowbowl in Camden Maine.

I'm off to ski the beach (Beach Lake trails in Birchwood near the high school) on some lit courses. Should be spectacular.

Eaglecrest in Juneau also has a nice ocean veiw....or at least I can see it from some of my dive sites:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom