compass position

Where do u have your compass?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
Nope, not hard to get a longer hose but when you are using university gear you're stuck. Funding just isn't there to have a variety of hose sizes but I wanted to make sure the OP knew that might be a potential problem.
Ber :lilbunny:
Hey Ber, Yes wrist mounts are a good solution for students as it is all so new to them anyway. Good thinking. I would be sure to tell the folks who are larger to take this into account when buying their own gear. But I'm sure you have already done so.

WVDiver:
Hey Ber, Yes wrist mounts are a good solution for students as it is all so new to them anyway. Good thinking. I would be sure to tell the folks who are larger to take this into account when buying their own gear. But I'm sure you have already done so.

Yep :D That's why I wanted to make sure the OP received a "heads-up" as well.
Ber :lilbunny:

vanDavid:
I'm not a fan of the strap that comes with the SK-7 and I'd love go get one of the DSS wrist mounts. I can see they're available online at diveriteexpress.com but the blurb references a Uwatec bottom timer. Is this the same wrist mount for the SK-7?

thanks

Nope. Different boot. You can get the one for the Suunto compass from DSS here.

Yup, I also use a Suunto SK-7 in a bungied DSS wrist mount, on my left wrist. I'd rather have gauges lining all the way up my arms than a tons of devices dangling off of me.

For the dives I do, UW Nav doesn't have to be super precise, nor does declination and true magnetic north matter much. I just look at which way land is, or which way the boat is, before I get wet, and that's good enough to get me back.

My buddies and I try to find stuff underwater all the time without surfacing and only taking a fix before decsending so accuracy is a must. Console for me. Wrist mount doesn't seem as accurate and is a snag hazzard.

Back
Top Bottom