Computer from Europe - are they metric or english?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlitt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all...I got a newbie question:
Given better prices, I've decided to buy a dive computer from an online european dive shop. But before I commit, I would like to know if the readings are in metric (meter) or English (feet)?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Uhh, well if it's a decent computer it should be capable of displaying both. It is simply a setup prefrence. Which computer are you going to purchase?

Wheezy and et al,

That would be a Suunto Vytech w/ transmitter.

Also, if I buy a regulator, could I specify a Yoke value (would that be international A-clamp) instead of the DIN? Their only other vale option is 300 DIN.

Thanks for your help

Suunto's computers (all that I have used) are programmable for metric or imperial.

Get the regulator with the DIN fitting and then order a Yoke adapter for those times when you are using a yoke tank. Once you go DIN, you are TRULY "IN".

I'm a poet....and I didin't even know it.

W.K.

I got my reg from Europe, it came with a Yoke and they threw a DIN adapter for free.

I have a choice of two regulator fittings: international A-clamp and 300 DIN. What exactly is international A-clamp?

I appreciate the link, and thanks to everyone who answered.

point of order - English is a language, I think the word you are looking for is Imperial for measurement! BTW England is now pretty much metric except for miles and pints.

Not sure why we are still stuck with miles but long live the pint!:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom