computer problem??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timmytes once bubbled...
i'll try soaking it in he hot water as suggested and let you guys know what happens. thanks,

tim
[/B]

NO!! :nono: Not hot water. That'll crack the glass or hurt the insides, I fear. Warm water

don

hey, i meant to write warm water, but i appreciate the fast heads up .

thanks

:dork: Ever pour hot water into a ceramic bathroom john to try to disolve a clog. :bonk: Don't!

don

dandydon once bubbled...
Charlie, I wonder how high you were when you checked yours? I think :huh: Tim would have had to been over 2,000 feet up to get his 3:37 Time Left for 30 feet on Air, but Silicone Valley has a little altitude, doesn't it? Are you around 2,000 ft?
My house overlooks San Jose/Silicon Valley and is just over 1000' elevation although it is only 6 minutes to downtown Los Gatos. A 4 minute detour on the way down for my morning coffee took me to 1800', which is where I activated the computer. I was curious as to whether my guess on the computer thinking it was at altitude was correct.

I'm actually surprised that the Oceanic does as well as it does on measuring altitude considering that 1,000' is only about 0.03 bar out of the 11 bar full scale of the computer/pressure sensor.

Charlie,

I got more interested in this, played with two O-puters more this morning, then called Oceanic again. I now have O-Tech Support in my cellphone book, and I obtained their 800 number if you or anyone else would like more on this. It's always good to confirm non-professional opinions and understandings, like mine.

Oceanic: 800-435-3483, Tech is Opt 6, or Christopher - the Consumer Tech I spoke with - is Ext 128. My questions were beyond him, but he spoke with an Engineer, called me back, and I think I have this right...

O-puters are supposed to change to altitude and freshwater at 2,000 feet - give or take 1,000 feet, depending on temperature and barometric pressure.

Excerpting you: "My house...is just over 1000' elevation..." With the 1,000 foot give and take, your O-puter should operate either below or above 2,000 ft if you activate there, reaing either 4:20 or 3:35 for 30 ft statrt up. (1 or 2 minutes variation is neglible here.)

"...took me to 1800', which is where I activated the computer." With the 1,000 foot variation possible, it would then react either in the < 2,000 or 2,000-3,000 ranges. Again, should read 4:20 or 3:35, so your reading of 3:34 is right on with 2,000-3,000. Sounds fine.

My house is at 3,250 feet, so my puters would activate in the 2,000-3,000, 3,000-4,000, or 4,000-5,000 range, depending on temperature and baormetric pressure, i.e. 3:35, 3:21, or 3:07, therefore - the 3:21 I got on both yesterday was within range, and the 3:34 and 3:07 I got on the two different puters this monring are also okay.

Here's the schedule, give or take 1,000 feet:
< 2,000 - 4:20
> 2,000 - 3:35
3,000 - 3:21
4,000 - 3:07
5,000 - 2:55

Hope I explained it well...?

Tim, if you are under 1,000 feet when you activate, and you have already satisfied your Saturdation count down, your puter is bad. But if you are over 1,000, you could read either below or above 2,000 feet, so 3:35 or so would be okay. So while I thought all of Florida was too low, maybe not. Call your closest airport and find out what you elevation is.

thanks, don

I live in FL and I checked my PRO PLUS 2 and it started at 4:20 for 30' dive. However this is my second PP2. The first one would give me variable pressure readings!!! Every time I powered up there would be a major pressure reading variance. IE: 3000PSI tank checked with 2 other guages read 1850 psi....then sometimes it would read 2900 etc. I exchanged this one and have had no problems with the second one. I also have a PRO PLUS that I have had zero problems. I have heard of Problems after battery changes as well.

hey, thanks to all who gave input to my problem. i sent it back to leisurepro and got a call from them on last sun morning. i explained what the problem was, then was told that they would get back to me. i then called on monday and was told by a sales rep that the computer had to be sent back to oceanic and that it would be 4-6 weeks. they no longer sold that model so they couldn't send me a new one. i was a little bummed out, i was going diving in the keys that following weekend, but oh well. on tues i got an e-mail from them saying that the computer was shipped out 3-day select and on fri. i got it. so not bad on their part.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom